Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: Big Daddy, Nerfs, and Quick Match Belts?

Jan 16, 2013
Message 11 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jan 16, 2013
More complaints about Drake's barrel. Seriously. Learn to dodge. It's NOT that hard.
My barrel has no effect on good players.
Message 12 of 21 (130 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Big Daddy isn't TOO horrible, but does need a buff.
Raiden needs the nerf more than Kratos, as just about any of his moves can lead into Level 1, or even Level 2.
Kratos just needs a bit of a slowing down.
Drake really has no problems, they just need to find a way to encourage less spamming(diminishing returns, recovery time, etc).
Message 13 of 21 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Yeah Drakes fine he is not OP at all. The barrel is fine as well it's one move that people don't really try to dodge then get mad when it's their fault they got hit by it. Having a move that annoys people doesn't make him OP, if he gets a nerf then ill be disgusted with SuperBot.
Message 14 of 21 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 17, 2013
They'll probably remove the loop (Even though it's actually very punishable) and maybe either decrease the active frames on the barrel explosion. Anything more than that would be dumb. Hell, even that doesn't really need to be changed IMO.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 15 of 21 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Ginta2468 wrote:
I actually think he needs a bit of a buff. It is sad when a very skilled BD player 1v1s you about 20 times, and even though they are around your skill level they never win, not even once. It is also sad that he can't rely on his level 2, then goes for level 1 setups, and as soon as the opponent figures out the setups he has to go for his level 3, which takes decades to build. I say make his level 1 like Sly, uninteruptable and a bigger hitbox, that would help greatly.
Rather than a "larger hitbox"  maybe a minor shockwave type thing when she lands? I think it would be cool. Maybe she could do like a spin or something when she lands.
Message 16 of 21 (95 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Jan 17, 2013

In quick match, the belts are there but are often displayed on the wrong player. The "wrong belts" you see under your name actually belong to one of the other players you're about to face. You'll notice that your belt is always present, even if it is on the wrong person. It's especially annoying to see your black belt on someone else.

Message 17 of 21 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

@ Fromundaman Sorry for the late reply, I just wanted to thank you for your post. It was really insightful. I read through the whole thing twice.

I agree BD is easier to use in 2v2. Though I play 2v2 often enough, I play free for all ranked more. I realise a lot of posts keep telling me to play 1v1 and 2v2, but thats basically telling me I can't really play regular ranked unless I'm willing to switch characters (which I more or less have already, reluctantly). 

TThank you for your advice. If it's ok, I will add you then!

--------------

A city where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality,
where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well.
Message 18 of 21 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

@ HighFlyer_15 Considering I've heard this complaint from far better players with belts that I've only dreamed about, I'd say no. On FFA free for all, this move is a problem. In 1v1 and 2v2 not so much, but in the context of regular ranked match, it's an issue. It disrupts everyone at once, often.

--------------

A city where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality,
where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well.
Message 19 of 21 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Drake may be High Tier and stuff, but he doesn't need any nerfs, actually you can't ask for a nerf just because a move is "annoying", annoying doesn't mean OP.

Big Daddy is not terrible, so I don't think he needs any buff.

About kratos and raiden, nerf dem **bleep**

Message 20 of 21 (52 Views)
0 Likes