Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Re: Big Boss Moveset!

Sep 5, 2012
I can't remember what grenades Big Boss has but a Flash grenade to stun enemies. And the Chaff grenade is used to block communications, so how about the Chaff Grenades changes the button configurations for a short time of the players hit.
Message 11 of 25 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:
I can't remember what grenades Big Boss has but a Flash grenade to stun enemies. And the Chaff grenade is used to block communications, so how about the Chaff Grenades changes the button configurations for a short time of the players hit.

That might be slightly OP.

Message 12 of 25 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Sep 5, 2012
Yeah now that I look at it is definitely OP. But if they could find a way to make the grenades limited, then I feel it would be a cool dynamic.
Message 13 of 25 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I like it. Love putting the fulton is somewhere.
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 14 of 25 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

barker09 wrote:

The order of the games is MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MG, MG2: SS, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4

BUT I think they should be played in the numerical order. So you should play MGS4 next.

Forgot some.

And since Peace Walker doesn't have a number and is a prequel, it wouldn't hurt him to play it before MGS4.

Message 15 of 25 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Sep 5, 2012

you can has all my internets for this move set. you know your Big Boss sir.

Message 16 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

barker09 wrote:

The order of the games is MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MG, MG2: SS, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4

BUT I think they should be played in the numerical order. So you should play MGS4 next.

Forgot some.

And since Peace Walker doesn't have a number and is a prequel, it wouldn't hurt him to play it before MGS4.

Was Portable Ops considered canon? The timeline in that game seemed to overlap with Peace Walker's. And I didn't forget the original MSX titles because most people don't have the patience to play them. They were difficult to finish, and most of the plot points were explained in Metal Gear Solid 1.

I remember reading a statement by Kojima saying that the games were meant to be played in the order they are released.

Message 17 of 25 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Sep 5, 2012

barker09 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

barker09 wrote:

Forgot some.

Was Portable Ops considered canon? The timeline in that game seemed to overlap with Peace Walker's. And I didn't forget the original MSX titles because most people don't have the patience to play them. They were difficult to finish, and most of the plot points were explained in Metal Gear Solid 1.

I remember reading a statement by Kojima saying that the games were meant to be played in the order they are released.

Portable Ops is canon and it doesn't overlap.  Portable Ops = 1970, Peace Walker = 1974.

This is kind of why I'm expecting MGS5 to be a retelling of MG & MG2 so they can wipe those 2 from the storyline and just slap MGS5 right in there where it actually is up to date on the new info.  Building prequels and sequels around MG & MG2 with the way they've added onto the story is probably a mess, especially when all the others are as fleshed out as they are.  GZ being a prologue to MGS5 makes me wonder where else they can go with MGS5 unless it just 'sets up' some far flung future event (post-MGS4 where the events of GZ have some rippling effect after the fallout of the Patriots since Rising is a spin-off).

Message 18 of 25 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Portable Ops wasn't made with Kojima overseeing the project, so that's probably why most people (including myself) don't view it as canon. Also, it isn't on the official MGS timeline.

timeline.png

Message 19 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42141 posts

Sep 5, 2012

"Regarding other MGS4 connections, Kojima said about the PSP Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, " If you change the Ops story, you have to change 4. If you change 4, it also becomes necessary to change Ops. Until Ops is finished, 4's story can't be finalized.""

IGN

So unless they've backtracked on it, it's considered canon, despite how little it's referenced. Events should also be listed in the MGS Database that was released alongside MGS4 but I think even Peace Walker kind of 'ignores' PO aside from one comment in the beginning.  Maybe that quote above was just Kojima trying to put some weight behind PO so people would be interested in it despite MGS4 on the way.

Eh.

Message 20 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes