Sep 05 2012
By: barker09 Uncharted Territory 1789 posts

Big Boss Moveset!

24 replies 736 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

With the recent announce of MGS: Ground Zeroes, it would be great to see Big Boss in PSASBR.

This is mostly based off of Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker with a couple ideas from Snake Eater.

bigboss

Square:
Neutral - CQC Combo. Two punches that can chain into his other Square attacks.
Forward - Stun knife stab. 
Down - CQC Leg Sweep
Up - Uppercut

Triangle:
Neutral - Tranquilizer pistol or the Patriot submachine gun.
Forward - Fires the Tanegeshima rifle that has a small chance to make tornados appear.
Down - Lays a Playboy magazine on the ground. Enemies that step on it are stunned.
Up - Fires the railgun upwards at an angle.

Circle:
Neutral - Throws a poisonous snake at his enemies.
Forward - Throws down a Supply Marker that calls in a care package filled with AP. Takes about 5 seconds to appear.
Down - Gets inside a cardboard box which gives him a dash attack. The box breaks after he is hit.
Up - Sets an Air Mine a couple feet above his head. It floats until someone detonates it.

Supers:
Level 1 - Attaches a Fulton recovery balloon to the enemy, they are sent upwards and die at the top of the screen. Similar to Sweet Tooth's level 1. 

Level 2 - Snake gets inside the Box Tank from Peace Walker and can fire at enemies for a short period. The tank moves slowly and requires the player to guide the trajectory of the shots.

Alternate Level 2 - Snake hops onto the slingshot from Peace Walker and is fired horizontally across the screen head-first like a missile. Any players that he touches are killed.

Alternate Alternate Level 2 - Once activated, anyone close to Snake is stunned. He then performs CQC takedowns to anyone he can reach in time. This would probably be Level 2 of choice, even though the slingshot would be pretty funny.

Level 3 - Snake controls Metal Gear Zeke and can fire missiles and charge at the other players.

Message 1 of 25 (736 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Re: Big Boss Moveset!

Sep 5, 2012
I haven't played Peace Walker yet, but this sounds like a pretty amazing moveset. Kudos!
Message 2 of 25 (726 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

One of my favourite games ever! If you have a couple buddies to play with it's so much fun.

Message 3 of 25 (710 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Actually a very good moveset, you earn kudos from me. This is very unique and a very good representation of Big Boss as a character across his games, HOWEVER, no no no no no to the forward Circle. Let the box drop and if you time it right it explodes on top of an opponent, but if it was filled with AP it would be so easy to exploit. Very good job tho.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 4 of 25 (703 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Sep 5, 2012

barker09 wrote:

One of my favourite games ever! If you have a couple buddies to play with it's so much fun.

I have it on the MGS HD Collection, I've been trying to play through the MGS series chronically  (I'm currently stuck on The End in MGS3) so I should get to it soon. This may be a stupid question, but does the HD collection version of Peacewalker have online capability?

Also on topic, another good move/super that could be added is a move including Eva, with Big Boss riding on the back of her motorcycle..

Message 5 of 25 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Another idea I had for the forward Circle was a smoke grenade that would conceal everyones vision. I like your idea too! There can never be too many cardboard boxes in his moveset.

Message 6 of 25 (690 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

harms64 wrote:

barker09 wrote:

I have it on the MGS HD Collection, I've been trying to play through the MGS series chronically  (I'm currently stuck on The End in MGS3) so I should get to it soon. This may be a stupid question, but does the HD collection version of Peacewalker have online capability?

Also on topic, another good move/super that could be added is a move including Eva, with Big Boss riding on the back of her motorcycle..

Yepp! The HD version works online. 

Message 7 of 25 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Sep 5, 2012
barker
i just completed mgs 3 i im currenty played 2 days. end is so easy just put your thermal and sniper its ok. i even killed with him ak 47

no boss is hard in mgs3 . i just sttuck at The Boss then i look youtube snow camo + snip is very easy for the boss

should i play mgs4 before peace walker
my current list
1-2-3- ( play 4 or pw) after 4*
Message 8 of 25 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 5, 2012

The order of the games is MGS3, Peace Walker, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4

BUT I think they should be played in the numerical order. So you should play MGS4 next.

Message 9 of 25 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 5, 2012

hahah drops a playboy and stuns palyers

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 10 of 25 (634 Views)
0 Likes