Jul 31 2012
By: StrawHat753 First Son 15 posts

Beta Leak Flaw???

6 replies 291 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

Hello everyone, my name is StrawHat and I've actually been a long time lurker on this site but this is my first post. I've been following PSAS news fairly closely for a few months now, and am really excited for this game.

Introduction aside, I made this thread because I noticed something in the recent Beta Leak that I feel should be brought to people's attention. Now most of us believe that the leak is real since it came from the beta files, and I am one of those people. However I've noticed something that makes me doubt the Leaks authenticity.

This Beta is apparently pre-e3 and has an older build. We know this is true because Big Daddy and Drake arent included in this bulds roster. Now when the hacker pulled the files from the Beta he found files for several characters including the now announced Cole, Jak, Toro, etc. Obviously they would have there files in the Beta, seeing how their character had already been developed. But i noticed that Big Daddy and Drake didn't have their files. They're also obviously completed and hadn't been announced at that time (pre-e3), so why weren't they included amongst the files. Either this Leak is fake and the "hacker" just forgot about these 2 or there is another reason that currently eludes me.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope this stimulates some discussion.

Message 1 of 7 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Beta Leak Flaw???

Jul 31, 2012
Drake's moveset is in the game same with evil cole, dante etc. However, there are more characters in the game than in the beta file.
Message 2 of 7 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 31, 2012

this isnt pre e 3 is something diferent i readed somewhere were they say the e3  portraits were called v3 and beta portraits of the included chars are called v6 so this is something they made  inbetween

Message 3 of 7 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Yeah, the image that was first leaked on Reddit was purely fabricated. The character select screen was completely made up by the guy who put the photo out. All the characters we know of are in the files, and we know there are at least a few more characters that aren't in the files as well.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 7 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 31, 2012

Toxin123456789 wrote:

this isnt pre e 3 is something diferent i readed somewhere were they say the e3  portraits were called v3 and beta portraits of the included chars are called v6 so this is something they made  inbetween

That's completely wrong.  There's no "V"s in the beta files. The portraits of the characters didn't exist in the beta files, they were made up afterwards.  I don't know where you read that crap.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 31, 2012
The beta build is the newest build we've seen.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 6 of 7 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Yeah, but PG confirmed it :/
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 7 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes