Jul 27 2012
By: Dispy657 Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

[Beta] Feedback to Superbot

[ Edited ]
44 replies 1103 views Edited Jul 31, 2012

So I've been playing the beta for 3 hours today. I love it, I've already found a few bugs that I thought would be best to mention here.

1. The most obvious bug there is right now is the winnerscreen

Parappa is sad

Even tho Parappa won, he got his sad face on, there's not really any pattern on how to trigger the "happy" face, only instance I've noticed it works is when you win as player one, then it seems to work like it should, but that's not always the case.

Another thing is that the color for Player 2, is really hard to see when you sit on a cough 4-5 meters away, Im not saying to change the color, but could the background maybe be changed to the same as the character names (colored text on white background) that would make it easier to find out who is who.

2. Sometimes your character won't pickup items, no matter how many times you press R1 when you are standing on top of it, dying does not fix this issue.

3. When you timeout because of an interneterror you get this screen

warning

and then you have to press X to continue, but what happens when you press X is that you automatically choose Kratos, now this is not a deal breaking bug as you have to press Start inorder to find a match, so you can still press O and get back and choose the character you want, it's still annoying none the less.

4. some level 3 supers just don't work like intended, Parappas rap will just freeze the match so only Parappa can walk around, the match doesn't un-freeze so you just get thrown back at character selection screen, same goes for Sly's level 3, the camera will glitch and will remain glitched for the end of the match, the kills you get with radec super sometimes won't register as kills, the other level 3 supers work as intended how ever.

5. Sometimes when the match lags it creates clones of player (also the shark in sandover village) the clones just stand idle and you can't hit them for ap, but if you "bump" in to them, you can move them.

6. sometimes you die for no reason, After you respawn, your Icon and AP meter are completely transparant(as if you were dead) but still work normally(example, I can't see my superbar, but can see the level 2 icon, so I can still use the level 2). This continues until you die and then it goes back to normal.

This is the bugs I've found, will post other bugs as I find them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 1 of 45 (1,103 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: [Beta] Feedback to Superbot

Jul 27, 2012
I've not seen the parappa bug in the videos of the beta i've seen.
and for items, you have to be still to pick them up.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 2 of 45 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 27, 2012
it doesn't happend always, I would say about 1/3 times the level 3 super glitches, I know you have to be still to pick it up and even if you are perfectly still it won't pick up items sometimes, it doesn't matter how many times you try, you just can't pick that item up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Stars Theme
Message 3 of 45 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Jul 27, 2012

parappas sad for kicking everyones **bleep**

Message 4 of 45 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Been playing it for an hour or so.

Sometimes an extra clone of a player appears.
Sometimes your super meter doesn't deplete and you can do supers until you hit, then it depleted.
Sly's level 3 super causing the crosshair to stay on the screen after the super has ended and where ever Sly goes, the camera goes.
Items not being able to be picked up indeed. Might be lag, so you DO pick it up, but it doesn't show it.

And then the lag. It makes it seem like super don't land, but you die anyways. But that's just lag, not much to do about it, since it's Hong Kong servers.
Message 5 of 45 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Im sure on the Items part it's not lag, haven't had extra copies of players appear tho, and yes sly's level 3 is so annoying >.<

All Stars Theme
Message 6 of 45 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Good findings! I know at least a few of these have probably already been solved with the more recent builds. The fact that nobody ever mentioned any of these bugs at E3, EVO, SDCC, or the tour thing that they're doing is my only reason to believe this, but I think it's a valid reason to believe at least most of these are just build issues and nothing more. However, the item one is definitely one that SuperBot should look into, just in case; that's the one out of all of these that I could see slipping past them.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 7 of 45 (1,010 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Jul 27, 2012
yes I agree with you, another thing is the supers, I belive it only glitches when played ONLINE, in all of superbots presentations they are playing localy and not online, I think that might have passed them, but I posted all above just to be sure, better safe than sorry Smiley Happy

All Stars Theme
Message 8 of 45 (979 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Just had the Shark in Sandover Village spawn twice. Both did "damage".

Message 9 of 45 (952 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 27, 2012
wait so 2 sharks? SOUNDS EPIC! hope they keep that in.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 10 of 45 (946 Views)
0 Likes