First Son
30 posts

Re: Best and Worst Supers

Jan 8, 2013

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Edited this post with my own thoughts, thanks for the template!

BEST

Level 1:
Sly - Fast, usually startles me a bit and I just can't get out of Murray's way!
Raiden - Easy to use, looks awesome, though starts a bit slow.
Ratchet - So, so easy to get and fire away.

Level 2:
Heihachi - I don't have to do much of anything, just help Kuma out and start rebuilding my AP.
Raiden - Everytime I see it it feels like I'm being L3'ed.

Level 3:
Drake - Jump and shoot, they may as well call me jump&shoot man (get the reference?)
Ratchet/Radec/Sly - the 3 you'd get from a sceen clear is almost garanteed with room for more!
Sackboy - Nerfed, but still an epic super.

WORST

Level 1:
Jak - Often fel like I'm right on top of someone yet still miss.
Sir Dan - much like a very terrible version of Parappa's L1.

(*My main beef with these is that they 'require' setup, other supers can at least just be launched if need be.)

Level 2:
Sweet Tooth - Oh yeah, he has a L2 doesn't he...
Sly - Compared to his L1, I just don't need this, which also stops me from ever going for his good L3.

Sir Dan - Doesn't net me much more that most character's L1, at this point I just figure Sir Dan isn't for me, not that he sucks.

Level 3 :
Spike/Parappa/Heihachi/Toro - You only get 3 kills max so it's really not worth it. You might as well just use your Level 1/2 multiple times.
Sir Dan - Yup, not fond of his L3 either, haha, yeah I don't play Sir Dan much...

Fat Princess - usually only gets me 2-3, so it's worse than a screen clear, crazy...

Hey Mega Man, what are you gonna do next? Oh well, you know, I'm gonna move right, and...uh.... JUMPANDSHOOT.

HAHAHA, I get the ref. Man, love that Megaman x Megaman X...

Anyways, on the topics of best and worst supers I think Ratchet has a good lvl 1 since he stays shooting for a short while, allowing a chance to net someone or have someone falls into it, but if someone is behind him, he is a sitting duck to get killed. Also I don't have too much trouble facing this super, so I think it's alright of a super.

Also Jak and Sir Dan's lvl 1s are not my favorable type of supers, but they seem to be overall decent. For Jak it usually takes timing and placement. Using Dan's lvl1 seems really hard, but I have been decked horribly by skilled Dans who thrive on the lvl 1. Not sure how they do it, but I hate falling into it...

Haha, Sly's lvl 2 to me seems like a slower, but more powerful Diddy Kong Final Smash from Smash Bros (Sorry to bring Smash up) It can net you some kills, but I see why it is not used often. The jetpack moves a lil too slow for comfort. And Dan's CAN get 3 kills with lvl 2, but it's also easy to get none, as the red lights can hit a wall and be done. So pretty risky lvl 2.

And yeah, Fat Princess. It's a cool mayhem special, but yeah... it only nets you 3 in FFA and 2 in 2v2s. If you're lucky you'll get one more. But yeah, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Message 41 of 56 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 8, 2013
There's a reason why I've never seen another Rachet use his Lv 3 in a ranked match: The level one is awesome and the Lv 3 is lackluster. If any of you have ever used that level 3 you know it's not nearly worth it. The shots just take far too long to hit the stage. I can consistently get 2-3 kills with the level one, I'm lucky to get 2 with my Lv 3. Then again, I may just have terrible aim.
Message 42 of 56 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 14, 2013
lol at fat princess level 3

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 43 of 56 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Worst lvl 1 is prob big daddy,sir Dan, or jak as all of them are terrible

Hardcore

Message 44 of 56 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013
Message 45 of 56 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Jan 14, 2013

A while ago i used BDs level 1 on Franzea towards a hill. As a activated it the kratos slided behind me and started hitting me. THe little sister slided back down the hill and kratos died.... EPIC WIN xD

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 46 of 56 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Re: Best and Worst Super

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Oh sorry the forum bugged out and posted twice..

Meh I might as well write something usefull

WL1: BigD - obvious reasons, its hard to use and harder to setup.

BL1: Sly - Unintertuptable..Im tempted to say radec or drake but aiming it can sometimes take time and its hard to setup

WL2: Sweet Tooth - although when I play as BD I usually cant avoid it.

BL2: Toro - Huge blast radius, doesnt require much AP.

WL3: On a large stage its narikos, players have no trouble avoiding you. Otherwise a screenclearer.

BL3: Sackboy - no contest, players dont even flash when they appear for sackboys. Sweet tooth is close second.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 47 of 56 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 14, 2013

worst lvl 3 belongs to FP not screen clearers.

knowing the fact that you can dodge hers...

Message 48 of 56 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Narikos level 3 jsut be nerfed slightly and ine xchange her level 1 should be buffed, horrible for 1 v1 Smiley Sad
Rayman for all stars
Message 49 of 56 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

double post eat me

Rayman for all stars
Message 50 of 56 (50 Views)
0 Likes