Splicer
52 posts

Re: Best and Worst Supers

Jan 8, 2013
^

I suppose Sly's Level 2 isn't too bad. But, it's still very mediocre.

Overall, I'd say that Big Daddy's Level 1 and Sweet Tooth's Level 2 are the worst supers in the game.
Here's some ideas to fix that though:
Daddy - Increase the speed at which Little Sister is projected
Sweet Tooth - Include a boost button so that the missile will travel faster. Also, increase the blast radius.
Message 31 of 56 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 8, 2013

i can agree ould b nice if BD lv1 was faster or not so easy to cancel he is tank but i also feel if it was faster it might op just imo

Message 32 of 56 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Jan 8, 2013

id say the best super is sack boy lvl 3 and the worst is big dady lvl 1, i mean 99% of the time it fails

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 33 of 56 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
But those Big Daddy set ups don't always work.
Message 34 of 56 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 8, 2013

They work for me most of time when timed right ive been playing as him b4 the game was out via demo he's my main just takes practice I guess like to me I can't use drakes lv 1 ik its good with barrel I can't do it doesn't mean its bad just can't do it just IMO

Message 35 of 56 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 8, 2013

spikeking365 wrote:

i have  to say i disagree about big daddy his lv 1 can be set up pretty easily and can get three kills if u timed it right with practice i usually get my lv3 than get a kill with lv 1 to win my matches with him

Haha, I was hoping to hear someone comment about Big D`s lvl 1. I`m glad to hear there`s a way to set up to get kills with it. I haven`t been able to figure it out myself, but hearing you say it can be done I think I`ll try practicing with him for awhile to figure out how to best use it. Though I`ve had no luck pulling it off and it usually seems like a wasted super. When I play as Big D sometimes I usually go for the lvl 2 myself and dust them to death.

Message 36 of 56 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Yea its just tricky to land and does requires practice just like all fighters u got to learn the ends and out

Message 37 of 56 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Big difference between learning the "ends" and outs, and the game just flat out not allowing it.
Message 38 of 56 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Well it has a lot to do with dodge and countering and a good way to learn is to quick match and taunt in a corner wait for them to come after u then practice dodge and counters gives u hands on unlike the tutorials then u can learn in and outs of how to evade,attack,and counter spammers

Message 39 of 56 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 8, 2013

supaMcnugget wrote:

Here's my two cents:

BEST

Level 1:
Sly - It's very quick and covers a lot of distance (needs to be nerfed imo)
Raiden - Quick to the draw and very useful.
Drake - If done at the right place and the right time, it is very effective.

Level 2:
Heihachi - Kuma last a VERY long time (a little too long imo).
Parappa - Granted, his Super is terrible on certain stages (Time Station and the Twisted Metal stage). However, anywhere else and it is deadly and VERY difficult to avoid.
Raiden - This probably gets more kills than most people's Level 3's.

Level 3:
Nariko - She has a lot of time, a lot of reach, and lot of power.
Ratchet/Radec/Sly - As long as you're playing with more than one person, this means kills galore.
Sweet Tooth - This Super has a good amount of time and you're also given some decent attack power/range. Also, it's the most fun Level 3.

WORST

Level 1:
Heihachi - Yeah, it's kind of quick but the range is so tiny that it's almost worthless unless you are always in the right place at the right time (or unless you're great at setups).
Big Daddy - It takes so long for Little Sister to emerge that by the time she shows up, everyone's on the other side of the stage. LAME.

Level 2:
Sweet Tooth: This is quite possibly the worst Super in the ENTIRE game. For all your hard work, you get a measly, weaksauce missle that will probably hit no one. Also, the blast radius is about the same as one of Drake's grenades. Worthless.
Sly - No wonder no one ever uses his Level 2 online. It last for like 8 seconds and is very sluggish. Also, it fires very slow.

Level 3 :
Spike/Parappa/Heihachi/Toro - You only get 3 kills max so it's really not worth it. You might as well just use your Level 1/2 multiple times.
Sir Daniel Fortesque - Not very good on large stages with fast characters at all. One time I even dodged a Daniel's Level 3 on Dojo while playing as Radec!

Wow man! Nice layout you made here! It's a lot less confusing than mine, haha~! Well, if I ever do a best/worst like this again, I'll know what layout to use next time.

Hmm, for Heihachi's lvl 2 I do think it's a pretty good super. Kuma is pretty fast and covers a lot of ground, ensuring some good kills. My main problem with this is that you don't get control over Kuma. Usually he does a good job hunting, but on bigger stages it can be easier to dodge him and if you kill Heihachi while using lvl 2, Kuma also goes away. So he is susceptible to being killed while using it. Also, I prefer to be in control when I use supers. Still, pretty good super.

I also find it interesting that you placed Hei's lvl 1 at one of the worst ones. My buddy plays Hei sometimes and he is very good at getting kills with the lvl 1. Most of his kills are from using that, and sometimes he gets multi-kills. He is pretty accurate at striking with it and he has set ups to get into it. So I think his lvl 1 is plenty useful. I suppose it just takes timing and setting up. But yeah, nice choices for your bests and worsts. Radec, Ratchet and Sly do have good lvl 3s along with other characters.

Message 40 of 56 (76 Views)
0 Likes