Wastelander
587 posts

Re: Best and Worst Supers

Jan 7, 2013
I personally find Ratchet's Level 2 pretty bad.

Maybe it's just me, but Clank just seems unbearably slow and his swings are so easy to dodge, it's pathetic.

He can shoot out those spheres that slow people down, but that doesn't really help much.
Message 21 of 56 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 7, 2013

i have  to say i disagree about big daddy his lv 1 can be set up pretty easily and can get three kills if u timed it right with practice i usually get my lv3 than get a kill with lv 1 to win my matches with him

Message 22 of 56 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Sir Dan has a terrible Level 1, with no range at all. Jak's is not much better.

Sweet Tooth has a useless Level 2, and a pretty poor Level 3 (tho maybe I just can't use it right).

The Coles have a great Level 1, cuz you can often get two or three kills with it.

And although people dislike the screen-clearers, I have to give big ups to Heihachi (esp. against Drake) and a second to Parappa (cuz I can't stop singing along!). They crack me up.

Message 23 of 56 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Here's my two cents:

BEST

Level 1:
Sly - It's very quick and covers a lot of distance (needs to be nerfed imo)
Raiden - Quick to the draw and very useful.
Drake - If done at the right place and the right time, it is very effective.

Level 2:
Heihachi - Kuma last a VERY long time (a little too long imo).
Parappa - Granted, his Super is terrible on certain stages (Time Station and the Twisted Metal stage). However, anywhere else and it is deadly and VERY difficult to avoid.
Raiden - This probably gets more kills than most people's Level 3's.

Level 3:
Nariko - She has a lot of time, a lot of reach, and lot of power.
Ratchet/Radec/Sly - As long as you're playing with more than one person, this means kills galore.
Sweet Tooth - This Super has a good amount of time and you're also given some decent attack power/range. Also, it's the most fun Level 3.

WORST

Level 1:
Heihachi - Yeah, it's kind of quick but the range is so tiny that it's almost worthless unless you are always in the right place at the right time (or unless you're great at setups).
Big Daddy - It takes so long for Little Sister to emerge that by the time she shows up, everyone's on the other side of the stage. LAME.

Level 2:
Sweet Tooth: This is quite possibly the worst Super in the ENTIRE game. For all your hard work, you get a measly, weaksauce missle that will probably hit no one. Also, the blast radius is about the same as one of Drake's grenades. Worthless.
Sly - No wonder no one ever uses his Level 2 online. It last for like 8 seconds and is very sluggish. Also, it fires very slow.

Level 3 :
Spike/Parappa/Heihachi/Toro - You only get 3 kills max so it's really not worth it. You might as well just use your Level 1/2 multiple times.
Sir Daniel Fortesque - Not very good on large stages with fast characters at all. One time I even dodged a Daniel's Level 3 on Dojo while playing as Radec!

Message 24 of 56 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
And how do you set up your Big Daddy's level 1?
Message 25 of 56 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Edited this post with my own thoughts, thanks for the template!

BEST

Level 1:
Sly - Fast, usually startles me a bit and I just can't get out of Murray's way!
Raiden - Easy to use, looks awesome, though starts a bit slow.
Ratchet - So, so easy to get and fire away.

Level 2:
Heihachi - I don't have to do much of anything, just help Kuma out and start rebuilding my AP.
Raiden - Everytime I see it it feels like I'm being L3'ed.

Level 3:
Drake - Jump and shoot, they may as well call me jump&shoot man (get the reference?)
Ratchet/Radec/Sly - the 3 you'd get from a sceen clear is almost garanteed with room for more!
Sackboy - Nerfed, but still an epic super.

WORST

Level 1:
Jak - Often fel like I'm right on top of someone yet still miss.
Sir Dan - much like a very terrible version of Parappa's L1.

(*My main beef with these is that they 'require' setup, other supers can at least just be launched if need be.)

Level 2:
Sweet Tooth - Oh yeah, he has a L2 doesn't he...
Sly - Compared to his L1, I just don't need this, which also stops me from ever going for his good L3.

Sir Dan - Doesn't net me much more that most character's L1, at this point I just figure Sir Dan isn't for me, not that he sucks.

Level 3 :
Spike/Parappa/Heihachi/Toro - You only get 3 kills max so it's really not worth it. You might as well just use your Level 1/2 multiple times.
Sir Dan - Yup, not fond of his L3 either, haha, yeah I don't play Sir Dan much...

Fat Princess - usually only gets me 2-3, so it's worse than a screen clear, crazy...

Message 26 of 56 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 8, 2013
No! You put Big Daddy back where he belongs, on his worst level 1 throne!
Message 27 of 56 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Strider doom where is dlc? And has superbot got the rights to cloud and old snake yet?
Message 28 of 56 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jan 8, 2013

BD lv1 setup electic bolt R2 or electic bolt ice R2 or u go on higher platform and angle it right for easy kill(s)

Message 29 of 56 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I can't believe a couple people said Sly's 2nd is one of the worst lmao. I got my black belt by usually dropping bombs twice in one ffa match for at LEAST 4 kills. You have to know when to use it but I won't say much more because I know the other top Slys will crucify me for it.

And yes, big daddy's 1st is the worst

and yes, tooth's 2nd is a joke (but his third has to be top 5 in the game when you know how to use it).

Message 30 of 56 (127 Views)
0 Likes