Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: *~* Best Good Cole Title Has Been Passed *~*

Apr 13, 2013
But I was the best :/ LOL. What are some of you people talking about there is no best?

Best EC: Dabuz
Best Ratchet: LizardHeart
Best Sackboy: Ginta
Best GC: Me (before I passed it)

Beg to differ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 82 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I'd have to agree with TrashCrap on this one. I trust Layback's judgement and all that bebo is good, but there is no way to be sure that anybody is "the best". You have tourneys, sure, but that's only the best out of those who show up to tournaments. You have leaderboards, but that's only the best out of those who play in pubs, etc.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 32 of 82 (114 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Apr 13, 2013
@Laybackkid
It's more about it not mattering who is the best. There could be so many other players out there that have crazy skill that we're all yet to see. And the best is bound to fluctuate as players come and go in this game (just like what you're doing now - passing your title).

Besides, having fun in an awesome fight is all that matters, no matter who the opponent may be.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To fight with Honor, Courage, and Integrity. That is the way of the Warrior

Help support Fighting game reps for PSABR here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 33 of 82 (109 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Well i agree with you to an extent @SROV

And I passed my title because I had to lol Im going to Injustice. He was the closest fit to take the title from my perspective @Kusanag

SIDE NOTE Anyone here getting Injustice? My zoner will be between Deathstroke and Green Arrow while my melee will be Flash (a "superior Johnny Cage, who I mained and loved in MK9)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 34 of 82 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I like having some fun and good fights sure, but when there is someone ahead of me I just have to keep getting better, and in a sense that is fun for me.

As for best, I would say best KNOWN player, and honestly, I don't think a single player who only plays pubs or even at this forum have any chance on beating dabuz, he is a monster in any game mode when serious. I have pulled some top people in rank to try some matches with them (1v1, 2v2s, set up some FFAs as well) and a lot of them were jokes tbh. With all the bs happeining in rank I don't see how anyone can take that mode seriously.

I guess saying you are the best does sound conceited though won't lie.
Message 35 of 82 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Yeah, haha. I was just going along with the others for having no best as it were. We all move on eventually, so its good you found a successor for the title. I look forward to perhaps facing him in combat one day either way along with everyone else who's considered the best

For injustice, I'm still waiting to see how things play out. I tend to go after pretty much any fighter that shows up, but I want to wait it out a bit more first before I go for it. Maybe I should go look at more gameplay videos...

@Ginta2468

"I like having some fun and good fights sure, but when there is someone ahead of me I just have to keep getting better, and in a sense that is fun for me."

Spoken in the words of a true warrior, Ginta. For that you have my respect.  When I said I look forward to facing those considered the best, you're one of them.

If I ever run into you on quickmatches that is, haha

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Fighting-game-reps-for-PSASBR/td-p/39975559
Message 36 of 82 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Kusanagi you are trying to get in the competitive scene for this game? It is a tough road but I wish you luck :

And no matter what anyone says, Lizardheart is a scrub.
Message 37 of 82 (92 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Apr 13, 2013

People decide who the best is after playing a SMALL amount of players in the world. I bet the best Good Cole doesn't even go on these forums. I'm the best Sly that I play with, am I allowed to call myself the best Sly? Or do I not have enough clout? If not, what do I have to do to have enough clout to proclaim myself the best Sly?

Message 38 of 82 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

Not really looking to get into the competitive scene, I'm just looking for new challenges that can help me grow as a fighting game player overall. Not to mention the thrill of fighting a strong opponent is always fun, and of course learning from them.

As Ryu says, "the answer lies in the heart of battle", haha

EDIT:

Oh, and making friends that also share the ideas of honor and integrity is also a plus. I usually stick with games that I find good friends in, probably why I don't play much other fighters since I usually run into **bleep** on the other ones. Funny, I'm yet to find friends that are actually into PSABR as much as I am, so its kinda contradictory.

PSABR's just plain fun since its a simpler fighter I suppose

Message 39 of 82 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Apr 13, 2013
TrashCap you should fight HeroicMoises's Sly one day, out of all the Sly's I have seen none of them even come close to him.

I try to find the whole community (not just this forum) before seeing who calls themself the best. Most people outside this forum think the skill level here is...er not very good let's say that. That is also why I said best KNOWN player, if you are the best but not a single person knows you and you don't even go online (which I don't see how it is possible being the best without these) then it doesn't really count does it?
Message 40 of 82 (73 Views)
0 Likes