Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 24 2012
By: johngie PlayStation MVP 11172 posts

Belt system is AWFUL

[ Edited ]
15 replies 1734 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

Was on purple 45. Quit game (from menu, not the middle of a match), came back a little later and I had dropped to 33. **bleep**. Played a bit and lost, dropped to 25. In the last minute of a match I was clearly winning (I was like 6-1), host ragequits, and I magically drop to 13. Thanks to a handful more garbage like that, I'm back to green 40 something. I'm just ridiculously P.O.ed, you have no idea how many times I was THIS close to massacring my Vita. Doesn't help that there is literally no explanation for this ridiculously stupid system anywhere.

Edit: And where does it make sense that, being a green 40 and going 7 and 3 causes me to drop 3 ranks?  I very clearly remember thst being sufficient to rank up during my first time through green...

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Belt system is AWFUL

Nov 24, 2012
Your belt increase or decrease is based on the ranks of the other players in the game and which place you got compared to them. Since most people are green belt at most, if you get a belt higher than that you'll need to win almost every match in order to earn BP. Remember, score is not a factor in BP at all, just concentrate on getting first place.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (1,697 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 3, 2012

the belt system is **bleep**. i was a green 90 with 2 days left in the season and hours later boom its new season with 32 days left. 32 days? not only that at first my ranks stayed at 90 green the im not ranked and it stays that way for like 10 games even with me beating green and purple belts. on top of that i hadnt unlocked any of the unlockable ffa titles for finishing as a green belt. these glitches **bleep** me off and i wanna strangle whoever is in charge.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (1,479 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Was just ranked 72 with a 92 purple belt, just checked after some quick play, ranked in the 23,000 no belt....yay..

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rh9wt/
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I got to red belt going on brown. Kind of gave up though as you virtually have to win every match (something like a ratio of 8:1) in order to gain points. Which is just impossible as you are going to get glitches, disconnects and a sackboy :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (1,412 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Well, they are adjusting how your opponents are chosen based on skill in the upcoming patch, so hopefully it'll get a bit better then.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (1,388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 1, 2013

That failed miserably. As a 66 Blue belt I just had to figt a 70 Brown 80 Purple and 65 Red. Tell me how that's even a ranking system if it's completely random what you fight? A decent rank system would be based on well RANK.

Exapmple:

White 0-50 would only fight white 0-50

White 51+ would fight White 51-Yellow 50

Yellow 0-50 would fight white 51- Yellow 50

Yellow 51+ would fight Yellow 51- Blue 50

Blue 0-50 would fight Yello 51- Blue 50

And so on...

I think this makes WAY more sense than completely random match ups it uses currently.

Mind you obviously at the begining of the season everyone starts the same but it would spread out withing a week thus giving less skilled players a chance to actually improve instead of just getting stomped repeatatively and demoralized. 

Is that not the point of a rank system to advance?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (964 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I was 50 Brown and should have just quit the game for a day but I decided to have one more game. Got beat fair but lost a crap load of points due the below player been a lower rank. Fair enough I thought I'll one more game but then I got lost connection host message and before I know it I was back on the red belt because We know the game will start you at 50 points if you gain a belt or loose. I just wanted to finish the session with a brown belt but alas it seems I finished with red.

I agree the point sustem sucks but red is good enough for me and been as the belts rest anyway I wasn't even mad. Dissapointed but not mad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (942 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Feb 1, 2013

wwinterj wrote:

I was 50 Brown and should have just quit the game for a day but I decided to have one more game. Got beat fair but lost a crap load of points due the below player been a lower rank. Fair enough I thought I'll one more game but then I got lost connection host message and before I know it I was back on the red belt because We know the game will start you at 50 points if you gain a belt or loose. I just wanted to finish the session with a brown belt but alas it seems I finished with red.

I agree the point sustem sucks but red is good enough for me and been as the belts rest anyway I wasn't even mad. Dissapointed but not mad.

Once I got to Brown, I stopped right then and there (about 2 weeks ago). I figured that trying for Black would have only left me upset. I'm happy with my Brown belt titles

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Feb 1, 2013

WRONG. i was a red belt in 2s, we beat black belts and got 2 points. Next match we play blue belts and gain 8 points. Belt system is **bleep**ed.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (902 Views)
0 Likes