Dec 19 2012
By: wwinterj Uncharted Territory 1661 posts

Belt ranks should be grouped

5 replies 129 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

I'm so tired of been put into a game of people who have a way higher belt rank then me. How am I supposed to win when I'm a blue belt and all other players are purple?

I played ranked FFA and really think the matchmaking servers should find people with the same belt rank as me to play against. For example all blue then when I get to green all green and so on. I imagine it's hard for new players with the current system. A white/yellow belt against brown and purple belts seems like a death wish. Thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 1 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: Belt ranks should be grouped

Dec 19, 2012
The guys at Superbot have admitted that this is an issue and are looking into it.

"Stay tuned."

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 2 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure there is a matchmaking system in place that tries to match you with people around your level, but the longer you wait the wider the ranking range goes and that they have admitted the range expands too quickly.

Message 3 of 6 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Yo DO realize that it's more of a punishment for higher belts than lower belts right?

If you're the only blue belt facing purple belts, chances are if you get at least 3rd, you should actually GAIN belt points. (FFA speaking). (I fought 2 black belts and another belt color while at purple and I got 3rd and gain 2 BP o.o)

Say a Red belt, 2 purple belts, and a green belt is playing. If that Red belt player doesn't hit first, they'll lose points (The bigger the gap, the bigger the loss). They could essentially lose around 14+ points if they placed 4th (ouch!).

I dunno if it goes purely by Belt color/rank and/or by your current score and/or kill/death ratio.

It should be more closely matched, OR put a search filter to either: Play against similar rank OR Play against any rank.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 4 of 6 (74 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 19, 2012
superbotent.tumblr.com/post/37845164344/belt-progression
Message 5 of 6 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Dec 19, 2012

personally i like the way it is...lets you know how good you are w a certain character against higher ranks.  and for people like me that try not to main a specific chatacter...it lets ya know what character your best with.  However, I do think needs to have the option to compete with random/same rank/higher rank....  obviously the higher rank isnt needed but eh...you get what im saying lol

Message 6 of 6 (48 Views)
0 Likes