Reply
Dec 19 2012
By: chunky_shtew Hekseville Citizen 335 posts
Offline

Belt Progression Explain by Superbot

11 replies 535 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

Just posted 25 mins ago - http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/37845164344/belt-progression

If you simply read what they say there, they make it sound as though the most BP you can gain or loose is 5. This definitely isn't true, I've lost as much as 23 BP in a match (I lagged out, than checked my belt and it had gone down 23), as well as had a few -15 and -10's. They don't really mention this in the article though. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 12 (535 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
1807 posts
 

BP

Dec 19, 2012

chunky_shtew wrote:

Just posted 25 mins ago - http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/37845164344/belt-progression

If you simply read what they say there, they make it sound as though the most BP you can gain or loose is 5. This definitely isn't true, I've lost as much as 23 BP in a match (I lagged out, than checked my belt and it had gone down 23), as well as had a few -15 and -10's. They don't really mention this in the article though. Thoughts?


The reason you've lost more than 5 is probably because you lost to more than one person.  In the article they state that, for example, if you lose to someone more than 50BP below you then you will lose 5BP.  I would imagine that this stacks.  So if you were to lose to, let's say, someone more than 50BP below you and someone more than 50BP above you in the same match, then you would lose 6BP

Message 2 of 12 (514 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/04/2012
Offline
457 posts
 

Re: BP

Dec 19, 2012
Sticking to sir daniel
Message 3 of 12 (488 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/17/2012
Offline
335 posts
 

Re: BP

Dec 19, 2012

hmm that makes sense, although still doesn't explain the -23 I got that one time. Also this is even more of a reason for them to make it so your matched up against similar belt classes. It's really annoying when you with the majority of your games but come in second or lower to someone who got some lucky kills/items and lose 5 - 15 BP. If you were to win against those same people you'd get between 1-3 BP. The risk vs reward is nonexistent in that situation and is quite common in ranked I find, which is why I only do FFA in quickmatches now :'(

Message 4 of 12 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: BP

Dec 19, 2012

I WAS 100% RIGHT ABOUT 0-100!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 12 (412 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
168 posts
 

Re: BP

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for the notice!
____________________________________________________________
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spamming-Or-Effective-Strategy-An-Opinion-Essay/td-p/39087897

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 6 of 12 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
3659 posts
 

Re: Belt Progression Explain by Superbot

Dec 20, 2012

I lost 18 for coming second just now. 10 mins ago I was purple 99, now I'm back to the mid 60's...

Message 7 of 12 (246 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: Belt Progression Explain by Superbot

Dec 20, 2012

Splatteregg wrote:

I lost 18 for coming second just now. 10 mins ago I was purple 99, now I'm back to the mid 60's...


That's rough; hope it wasn't me who set you back that far. Good games though.

Message 8 of 12 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
3659 posts
 

Re: Belt Progression Explain by Superbot

Dec 20, 2012

No, it's a Sly player. He seems to have it in for me. FFA to him is like "Time to only kill this one guy, who is a poor little harmless demon ninja karate cat"

Message 9 of 12 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: Belt Progression Explain by Superbot

Dec 20, 2012

Splatteregg wrote:

No, it's a Sly player. He seems to have it in for me. FFA to him is like "Time to only kill this one guy, who is a poor little harmless demon ninja karate cat"


Was he a red belt? If so, I got the same treatment for embarrassing him multiple times. He never got the upper hand on me though, the way I play Sweet Tooth is just too slippery.

Message 10 of 12 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes