I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Re: Began to notice some interesting things recently.

Feb 21, 2013

khknight wrote:
Sly is actually able the cloak himself in the original trilogy, but not in thieves in time

Thats interesting to know. TBH the demo was pretty terrible...

How much of his moveset is based on gameplay?

Also incase anyone knows.

How much of Dantes moveset is made up if any?

Can Evil Cole giga Punch in Infamous 2?

Which character besides Fat princess are completely made up?

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 11 of 32 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 21, 2013
PaRappa couldn't even fight in his game so his moveset was completely made up. Same with Toro not sure if Sackboy should be in the category.
Message 12 of 32 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9964 posts

Feb 21, 2013
The only real move Sackboy had in LBP was the pimpslap. Which I'm glad has returned.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 13 of 32 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Slys counter is from Sly 1 it didn't put you behind them but enemies attacked it vs you so of course it would need tweaking to work here, his teleport is his smoke bomb it even lists it as that in his moves again he would disappear then be somewhere else so it would need to be tweaked to work here it's in Sly 2,3, Thieves in Time, and he has cloak his invisibility in Sly 1, 2, 3.
Message 14 of 32 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I THINK Sly gets moves taught to him by his anscestors as the game goes on... Maybe you didn't get far enough into the game? Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I could be.

But as everyone else has said, they have artistic freedom to do so in order to make movesets. As long as they are true to how we think a character WOULD fight, it works. I think they did a good job.

Message 15 of 32 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Evil cole NEVER had a giga punch or a tar trap in infamous 2 and that really grinded my gears
Message 16 of 32 (185 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

khknight wrote:
Sly is actually able the cloak himself in the original trilogy, but not in thieves in time

This is exactly why I'm slowly working on PS All-Stars history videos! Smiley Tongue

But yeah, from what I've researched, the Giga Punch is unique to this game and Parappa and Sweet Tooth have a lot of things based on their games but not necessarily directly from them.

As for Sly, the teleport is based on the smoke bombs he has in the original trilogy, the counter is an interesting take on the decoy move he had in the first game and the invisibility was a thing in the original trilogy, and was usually obtained late in each game. Sly's moveset is actually pretty spot on to his games.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 17 of 32 (179 Views)
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:

khknight wrote:

This is exactly why I'm slowly working on PS All-Stars history videos! Smiley Tongue

But yeah, from what I've researched, the Giga Punch is unique to this game and Parappa and Sweet Tooth have a lot of things based on their games but not necessarily directly from them.

As for Sly, the teleport is based on the smoke bombs he has in the original trilogy, the counter is an interesting take on the decoy move he had in the first game and the invisibility was a thing in the original trilogy, and was usually obtained late in each game. Sly's moveset is actually pretty spot on to his games.

History videos, really?

Thats awesome, make sure you post em here when ur done. I was thinking about doing some move vs game comparisons myself but I dont have a HD recorder.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 18 of 32 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Digidevil4 wrote:

khknight wrote:

History videos, really?

Thats awesome, make sure you post em here when ur done. I was thinking about doing some move vs game comparisons myself but I dont have a HD recorder.

Yeah, steadily gaining the footage for the first six characters before I edit them together. Not the first six announced,  just the six in my first batch (although one character in the batch IS one of the originally announced characters). Also getting footage for two stages in the process.

I did post a thread about it a little while back, but it got lost down the page pretty quick when Kat and Emmett came out and haven't done enough on the project yet to make a new thread about it Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 19 of 32 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Feb 21, 2013
@khknight: Yeah, the Giga Punch was made up, but I think the tar trap move is based on Nix's set-up when Cole goes on his rampages with her (you know, when you shoot 'em while trapped and they blow up?).
Message 20 of 32 (135 Views)
0 Likes