Highlighted
Jan 04 2013
By: Zoombini88 First Son 2 posts

Before you ask for a new character...

51 replies 1609 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Alright, guys. I've heard a lot of people on the forums asking for characters like Spyro, Sora, Snake, Cloud, and most of all, Crash. Thing is, really, the fans have very little influence on who makes it in the game- even if every single person voted unaninmously for Wander to be in the game, it would still be unlikely. So, you may ask, what characters have the biggest chance for making it in the game? Quoted from the PAstadium user this_is_marko:

"The most important part of getting a character in a game like this isn't actually the demand of the fans...its whether or not the company allows the IP to be represented in the game. So here's my list of how likely i think it is that different companies will allow their requested characters in the game."

"The legend goes like this:
EASY: if superbot asks, the company would have no trouble allowing the character to be in the game
PLAUSIBLE: if superbot asks, the company may allow the character in the game but they also may not
HARD: if superbot asks, the company would most likely say no or have some crazy demands, but they may surprise us and let the character in the game
NO WAY: theres not a chance in hell the company would allow the character in the game. Theres always the tiniest fraction of a chance they'll say yes, but don't hold your breath"

"These labels don't reflect my personal like or dislike of a character. there are characters that have no shot of being in that i really want and characters that could most definitely be in that i don't want. This is just my opinion of how well i think certain companies would participate. With that being said, let's begin:"

Here is a current list of suggested characters. Each of them recieved a rating and a reason behind the rating. I left out the reason for sake of TL;DR, but here are the ratings.

ACTIVISION:

Crash (HARD)

Spyro (NO WAY)

KONAMI:

Solid Snake (NO WAY)

Old Snake (HARD)

Big Boss/Naked Snake (PLAUSIBLE)

Pyramid Head (PLAUSIBLE)

NAMCO BANDAI:

The King of All Cosmos (EASY)

TEAM ICO:

Wander (NO WAY)

Ico (NO WAY)

INSOMNIAC:

Hybrid Chimera (EASY)

UBISOFT:

Ezio (PLAUSIBLE)

Connor (EASY)

Rayman (PLAUSIBLE)

ATLUS:

Teddie (EASY)

SEGA:

Kazuma (PLAUSIBLE)

KROME STUDIOS:

Ty (PLAUSIBLE)

ODDWORLD INHABITANTS/JUST ADD WATER:

Abe (EASY)

NEATHERREALM:

Scorpion (PLAUSIBLE)

Sub Zero (PLAUSIBLE)

Noob (PLAUSIBLE)

NIPPON ICHI SOFTWARE:

Etna (EASY)

VALVE:

Chell (PLAUSIBLE)

CAPCOM:

Ryu (PLAUSIBLE)

Chun Li (PLAUSIBLE)

GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT

Tomba (EASY)

SQUARE ENIX:

Cloud (PLAUSIBLE)

Lightning (PLAUSIBLE)

Sora (NO WAY)

Lara Croft (HARD)

Gex (HARD)

SONY:

Dart (EASY)

Robbit (EASY)

Rudy Roughnight (EASY)

Kevin Butler (NO WAY)

That is the complete (so far) list of characters. I'm sorry if this dashed your hopes, and I'm even more sorry if this was already posted somewhere. You can read the reasons behind why these characters were marked as they are at http://pastadium.forumotion.com/t818-the-official-pastadome-dlc-thread-confirmed-dlc-company-partici....

Thanks for your time.

--Zoombini88 the 1-post wonder

(P.S.: If this is a repost, PLEASE tell me so I can fix the horrid error of my ways. Thank you!)

Message 1 of 52 (1,609 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Before you ask for a new character...

Jan 4, 2013

your missing uber hero, and i think spyro has as much chances as crash

Message 2 of 52 (1,593 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I agree with this list aside from Sora. Simply because I think Disney are more grown up now. Yes I know folk claim Disney said this, that or the other but that's my opinion and I'll stick with it. With Kingdom Hearts HD coming out soon I still have hope! Smiley Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 52 (1,586 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

'No way' for ICO and the Wanderer..?

Hmm, I remember, before All-Stars was released, there was a leak about how ICO might make it into the game.. It showed a picture of 'the making' of All-Stars, and there was an image of Yorda on one of the computer screens. There was an article about it on IGN as well. Did we ever find out anything else about that?

Edit: I found the article, http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/05/02/has-a-new-playstation-all-stars-character-leaked

Photobucket
Message 4 of 52 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

bandai could have a .hack series character (haseo more than likely he be easy- moderate) or have some dark souls representation. God eater could be good as well as that is popular overseas.

Message 5 of 52 (1,542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 4, 2013

if ATLUS puts Teddie in i would be so happy! 

The LittleBigArtist
Message 6 of 52 (1,519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Sauruswarrior wrote:

bandai could have a .hack series character (haseo more than likely he be easy- moderate) or have some dark souls representation. God eater could be good as well as that is popular overseas.

one of my fav character but ighly unlikely that y i dont ask Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 52 (1,509 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I actually read somewhere that a character from Skylanders was going to most likely be added into the game (AKA Spyro), also where are Ari and Stan (Okage)? The company is SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment), and it came with the majority of PS2's.

Also i doubt that any of these characters will be implemented in the game (Emmet Graves and Kat are going in, they are known by such a few amount of people, and since they are the first two DLC characters, i doubt that anyone well known will be added in, most likely some extreemly unknown-suckbag characters will be added in next)

+the guy up there is right, you should add Hero (Patapon 3) to the list

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 8 of 52 (1,498 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

true, but he would be doable square dual blades, triangles heavy blade, circles scythe, lvl one some companion or skill attack, lvl 2 skeith possession, lvl 3 Xth form mode. but he would be doable then others from the cast despite on how easily he could be acquired.

Message 9 of 52 (1,494 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Fans have very little influence? Yeah right if that was the case we wouldn't have a head for a boss (-:
Message 10 of 52 (1,439 Views)