Dec 04 2012
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts

Becoming a PS All-Star New Game Mode Idea (Legacy)

[ Edited ]
14 replies 304 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

While reading alot on the forums and watching YouTube videos I've come to realize that there's so many things you can do with this game it's crazy lol 

Okay my first idea.

In Online Ranked Stock Mode, Each time that a player wins, the players defeated will be able to follow this person up the ladder (Ex: Mortal Kombat) to spectate matches and wager with the other player's followers. By the time you get to the top you will have maybe (40 - 100) "fans" following your journey to the top 4 players. The winner of that match will have a PSASBR legacy and maybe you can earn an in-game Trophy for each time you win. 1st - Gold , 2nd- Silver,  3- Bronze,  4th- Chicken Wing.

Have this also for Team 2v2 

You can become a real PS All-Star!

The players who've followed the winner all the way to the top will also win experience points each time the player wins. Just a little bit though. 

I'm thinking, with the wager aspect, have all 4 teams each vote on how many XP they're willing to put up towards the other team. 

I'm thinking that this will get players to want to get better at the game because the pressure will be on them the whole way to the top. One stupid move and their legacy is over. 

I think this alone will get extreme replayability and force players to get better at the game because if you win one match, you have people watching you. You win 10 matches, about 30 people following you. 

Then if you don't want to follow that person anymore you can drop out or either just exit. Maybe have a news feed for each person (friends list maybe) to see how many fans they have. 

When someone on your friends list jumps into the tournament mode, you will be contacted via news feed asking if you would want to "Tune In" into your friend's legacy. 

I'm going off the top so I'm sorry if I jumped around alot. Feel free to add ideas. I know Superbot is watching this forum and anything is possible. I would personally stay up practicing with my character just have a great legacy online. haha

Thanks again SuperBot for this game. i will have it soon. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------NEW IDEA # 2 New Tournament Mode-------------------------------------------------

With the online tournament mode when climbing the ladder players have to gain the BP necessary to rank up to the higher color belt. Once you get all the way to the black belt (during that month) you will have to win. Whoever starts in the tournament, (20-40 player lobbies :-)) You will have to keep winning until you have a black belt. 

Once the black belt is obtained players will have to compete for the PSAS Belt (Maybe have that Rival Stage glow to it) Then get your name in the PlayStation All Stars Hall of Fame...... for the month or maybe two.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 15 (304 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Re: New Game Mode Idea (Legacy)

Dec 4, 2012

What do you all think?

Photobucket
Message 2 of 15 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Epic ideas. I for one hope they add new modes
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 15 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Tankmen404 wrote:
Epic ideas. I for one hope they add new modes

Thank you. I know SuperBot team is on the forums and stuff I just hope they see this idea and everyone else who have some great ideas as well. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 15 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Sounds interesting. But with the was matchmaking works, you can't have 100s of spectators. Games are hosted by a player, not a server, so someone having to host 100s of people would basically make the game unplayable. If games were hosted server side, this could work.

Message 5 of 15 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 5, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

Sounds interesting. But with the was matchmaking works, you can't have 100s of spectators. Games are hosted by a player, not a server, so someone having to host 100s of people would basically make the game unplayable. If games were hosted server side, this could work.

Yea that's true. And I don't know much about networks and servers so I was just going  off the top of my head. Would you think just to watch a match it will slow the game down. 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 15 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Re: Becoming a PS All-Star New Game Mode Idea (Legacy)

Dec 5, 2012

Bump for more ideas

Photobucket
Message 7 of 15 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Isn't last man standing just stock? Besides that I'm with you on that aspect ans
d like if your wager is right you're character rank will increase however if its wrong it will decrease
Message 8 of 15 (181 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Realistically, the spectator spot isn't realistic for the server limitations already noted. I do think it wouldn't be unrealistic for the servers to keep track of tournament progress and make necessary matchmaking to lead it to the finals and such.

I'd imagine it could be as easy that anyone who wins and finishes their match early would simply have to be idle and play single player or something, and then the game would invite them once the next match is ready to get underway.

That would of course have a timer and people can simply drop out of the tournament.

Also, of course, SuperBot would need to be able to make a method of reallocating the host if they quit or lose their connection.
Message 9 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Tmix1600 wrote:
Isn't last man standing just stock? Besides that I'm with you on that aspect ans
d like if your wager is right you're character rank will increase however if its wrong it will decrease

Yes it is. I've never watched any stock matches until now lol Thank you it's fixed. 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 15 (144 Views)
0 Likes