Oct 24 2012
By: Digidevil4 I Only Post Everything 955 posts

Balance issues

[ Edited ]
6 replies 263 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Im not saying these are a big deal and Im usually the last person to call any player OP but here are the balance issues as I see them:

Kratos:

Generates AP slightly too fast (in proportion to the effectiveness of his supers) - Solution: Reduce AP per attack gained.

Radec:

Long Range Sniper attack - Solution: Either increase its activation time by a very small ammount or reduce its knockback effect.

Fat Princess:

Level 2 super has mobility issues - Solution: Make it jump slightly higher.

Level 3 super AP requirement vs usefullness makes it pointless - Solution: Increase speed of fireballs.

Sweet Tooth:

Level 2 super is easily avoidable and predictable - Solution: Increase speed and explosion radius.

Sly:

A specific attack builds AP at an unreal rate (personal experience against a cheap sly player), it appeared to be an uppercut - Solution: IDK, sly players can shed more light on this.

As far as i know Parappa is the most balanced although I dont play him much. My experience of Radec and Kratos are personal, I play them both often (although not by choice).

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 1 of 7 (263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Re: Balance issues

Oct 24, 2012

EVERYTHING IS BALANCED!!! until it comes to the super... ._.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 2 of 7 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Digidevil4 wrote:

Im not saying these are a big deal and Im usually the last person to call any player OP but here are the balance issues as I see them:

Kratos:

Generates AP slightly too fast (in proportion to the effectiveness of his supers) - Solution: Reduce AP per attack gained.

Radec:

Long Range Sniper attack - Solution: Either increase its activation time by a very small ammount or reduce its knockback effect.

Fat Princess:

Level 2 super has mobility issues - Solution: Make it jump slightly higher.

Level 3 super AP requirement vs usefullness makes it pointless - Solution: Increase speed of fireballs.

Sweet Tooth:

Level 2 super is easily avoidable and predictable - Solution: Increase speed and explosion radius.

Sly:

A specific attack builds AP at an unreal rate (personal experience against a cheap sly player), it appeared to be an uppercut - Solution: IDK, sly players can shed more light on this.

As far as i know Parappa is the most balanced although I dont play him much. My experience of Radec and Kratos are personal, I play them both often (although not by choice).

Kratos' problem is not his AP gain, its his combat grapple. it homes in and has a bit too much range, which im sure should be patched in the launch build.

Radec's sniper is easy to avoid, and really easy to counter. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 7 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Well Kratos DOES gain AP way to fast. Smiley Surprised

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 4 of 7 (251 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

well, you sound more logical than most of the other threads.

I agree on sweeth tooths lvl 2. The other things, i dont wanna say sth for sure yet.

Either way i am not sure about it, or havent seen that much to talk about.

A beta is for me nothing more than some testing.If we get hands on the full version, than we gonna get the real balancing inputs to do. On the other hand, i am pretty sure that many things were probably fixed already.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 5 of 7 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Bardonic wrote:

Well Kratos DOES gain AP way to fast. Smiley Surprised

No, he doesnt? his moves dont gain too much AP, his combat grapple is just too good right now, meaning most people spam that. thus gaining AP faster than usual. 

no need to replace the whole machine when only one bolt is broken.

Message 6 of 7 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Fat Princess' level 2 is fine the way it is, make her jump higher and it'll just be overpowered.

Message 7 of 7 (223 Views)
0 Likes