First Son
23 posts

Re: Bad news for Rayman fans?

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

I am a Rayman fan, i just don't think he really needs to be in this game so i would mind if he's not in.

Now if Crash doesn't make it then i'm gonna be **bleep** Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 46 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Seems to be some confusion about the upcoming Rayman game. Gamescom trailer says 'Wii U exclusive Holiday 2012' or something of that sort and you know how they like word these things. Another Ubi rep said they're looking at other platforms for the game so if they're doing that, it'll be a Wii U exclusive this year and hit PS3/360/PC early next year or something.

Ubi seems to spread it around. Rayman/Rabbits with Nintendo, Assassin's Creed with Sony and Splinter Cell with MS.

Message 12 of 46 (173 Views)
Wastelander
788 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, that wiiU exclusive is saying, rayman for smash 4.

And ezio or connor for royale.

Message 13 of 46 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
that means nothing. Rayman just came out oe all platforms. Ubisoft has a good relationship with Sony. we are getting extra things in the upcoming Assassins Creed 3.

Which means that an AC character has a better chance to get in than Rayman does.

Message 14 of 46 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I wouldn't look too much into this tbh. People were saying how PSA would never have a Namco Bandai character once they heard the news that they would be helping make the next SSB. Guess what? We got Heihachi. All that matters is the relationship between Sony and the third party company. If they're in good grounds, anything can be worked out with time and concessions from both sides.

The real issue is whether Ubisoft would want to advertise Rayman or Assassin's Creed in PSA. In this case, I'd say it's more likely that they go with an AC rep.

Message 15 of 46 (161 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

I wouldn't look too much into this tbh. People were saying how PSA would never have a Namco Bandai character once they heard the news that they would be helping make the next SSB. Guess what? We got Heihachi. All that matters is the relationship between Sony and the third party company. If they're in good grounds, anything can be worked out with time and concessions from both sides.

The real issue is whether Ubisoft would want to advertise Rayman or Assassin's Creed in PSA. In this case, I'd say it's more likely that they go with an AC rep.

I can never stop agreeing with you, Shanks. Smiley Happy

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 16 of 46 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

I thought the whole 'No Namco Rep' thing was a bit asinine.  I think people were jumping the gun on that a bit and I highly doubt that Namco having some of their staff working on a game for a console maker is going to keep them from lending out some of their characters for another console maker.  Even then, Sony/SuperBot have been working on this game for 2+ years now and the SSB team only recently started work on the next SSB with Namco I believe so I'd assume that Sony/SuperBot had already signed any contracts for characters from Namco-Bandai and probably inquired to them at the start of the project for a rep.

Message 17 of 46 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Aug 19, 2012
@CountMario:
You haven't happened to have read the Maze Runner Trilogy, have you?

On-Topic:
I would actually prefer an assassin as well. I like Rayman, I just like other characters more. I'm also worried about Sora being in SSB instead of PSAS.
Message 18 of 46 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
@CountMario:

On-Topic:
I would actually prefer an assassin as well. I like Rayman, I just like other characters more. I'm also worried about Sora being in SSB instead of PSAS.

have it be desmond miles. have the assassins be costumes for himSmiley Happy than everybody can be happy.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 19 of 46 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
@CountMario:

On-Topic:

Sorry, but I haven't even heard of Maze Runner. What's it about?

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 20 of 46 (134 Views)
0 Likes