Bently: Don't say it!
Sly: That's how I roll!

Message 11 of 17 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: BUZZ LIKES STUPID PEOPLE

Sep 17, 2012
Ok when SSBB came out, it only had 18 original ips and 18 more who are most of them from the same series. And unoriginal movesets which cloned off the others. Allstars will have over 20 characters in game release and eah ip has a completely different moveset. Example: good cole and evil cole. Yeah nintendo wasn't that realistic when brawl came out. Of course Sony has a high quality for making games: compatible in 3D, blu-ray discs, hd quality. All of those can make a more realistic fighting game.
Message 12 of 17 (119 Views)
Sackboy
546 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Both Sony and Nintendo have excellent IPs. It's just that Nintendo has this weird way of making everything they do 'seem' innovative. They're using old tech on the Wii U with the dual screen concept that the DS brand has had for years, but, it's innovative to people, because they're good at advertising old products in new ways. Most of Nintendo's franchises don't have many direct sequels, but different takes on the same games. Ex: Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox. Game series like Pikmin are the exception. Think about all the Pokemon games. The only direct sequels so far are Black and White 2. Zelda has tons of different ways of telling a similar story, but with new twists in each game, having very few direct sequels. Metroid jumps around randomly, creating a timeline that grows with each new game. Mario... That'll take too long to explain, but you get the idea.

Sony does things differently. They aren't always as family friendly, but that's okay. Big franchises usually get direct sequels rather than making a whole new game with the same basic premise. However, because of this, Sony doesn't limit what developers make, and we get a lot of drastically different series from the developer, even if a great series doesn't last too long.

Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, The Last of Us
Insomniac: Disruptor, Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Fuse
Thatgamecompany: Flow, Flower, Journey

I wish both companies could better understand each-other's business strategies. I want to see new more IPs from Nintendo, and longer franchise support from Sony. It sucks not having a new Jak & Daxter or Spyro game from the original developers. And there are plenty of other companies that should be able to continue their beloved series as well.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 13 of 17 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 17, 2012
They probably ment iconic.

Playstation doesn't have anyone as close to iconic as Mario and Link.
Message 14 of 17 (85 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

Snake, ? Cloud?

Maybe not on equal terms, but pretty strong and famous, yes.

Look on famitsu character votes or watsoeva. Smiley Very Happy

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 15 of 17 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I mean they're close, but i think it was 94% of the population knows who Mario is.
Message 16 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 17, 2012

In SSBB, 18 franchises are represented by characters assuming you count WarioWare as a separate franchise.

In PSASBR, 19 franchises are represented by characters SO FAR.

Message 17 of 17 (60 Views)
0 Likes