Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Re: BIG 3 QUESTION

Nov 14, 2012
Ps3 is to hard i like uncharted,resistance,and infamous but im going with infamous.
Message 21 of 30 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

Too easy.

PS1: Spyro(Crash is simply overrated and people let their Nostalgia get the best of them).

PS2: Jak and Daxter(best IMO from the knoweldge I know off this game series which a lot of people don't).

PS3: Infamous(I picked this over Uncharted because of my preferences. I simply like Open World games better then Adventure. Jak and Daxter is the Perfect example. An open world where you can go anywhere you want.. whenever you feel like it without worrying about the **bleep** chapter select to get back to certain levels. Then Jak and Infamous have those free no loading screens. ALso gotta hate the you can only go forward and not back BS in those adventure games like Uncharted).

P.S. Btw its funny guys how you prefer Ratchet over Spyro but not Jak over Crash. Especially considering the fact that Jak games are closer in concept and level wise to Crash while Ratchet isn't to Spyro. This is another reason why I say Jak and Daxter are underrated. Not only does Jak have 1 similar move to Crash but also the feel of the games will remind you of Crash. Also if you want to fool yourself into loving the games more, you can by lying to yourself that Daxter is Crash when he was younger or or or that Crash had a baby and that baby decided when it was a little kid to travel with Jak so they could have these EPiC adventures of Jak and baby Crash, thus making Jak the best game ever!

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 22 of 30 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 14, 2012
out of the available
PS1: Crash Bandicoot (but it's tied with Twisted Metal for me)
PS2: Jak & Daxter (never played its sequels though, and i've never plyed the other games)
PS3: inFamous (i played Resistance, but no a big fan of shooters, and i've never played Uncharted)
Play For Fun!
Message 23 of 30 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Apeman24 wrote:

Out of the three companies that feel like brothers Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Insomniac (who has kind of gotten of the path with its new game), which game would you choose out of each generation?

PLAYSTATION 1: Crash Bandicoot, or Spyro the Dragon, (and for fun lets throw in Croc)

PLAYSTATION 2: Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, or Ratchet and Clank

PLAYSTATION 3: Uncharted, INfamous, or Resistance

ALSO rank ALL of the games worst to best OR best to worst

Between Spyro and Crash, maybe the second is more important but I always liked the first more. So much energy and imagination those games, amazing. Croc gets the last position but only because he's against monsters, he was good too.

On the PS2 side Jak & Daxter win because they had the best storyline and atmosphere. Jak II was kinda bad as a game (let's say average), 3 was a lot better. Not a perfect trilogy but it had style. Ratchet & Clank is cool but once you played one, you played them all. Sly, for now, is a mystery to me, I'm going to buy the trilogy somewhere near the future.

On PS3 Uncharted wins by all means. Resistance is terrible, I don't seriously know how and why it's that loved, especially the first game is simply horrendous. I didn't play inFamous that much so I can't know but for what I've seen, it's not better than Uncharted which is probably the best new franchise of the generation. Uncharted 3 also is one of the best games. The first one wasn't that good,  but 2 and 3 are essential.

Message 24 of 30 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Apeman24 wrote:

Out of the three companies that feel like brothers Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Insomniac (who has kind of gotten of the path with its new game), which game would you choose out of each generation?

PLAYSTATION 1: Crash Bandicoot, or Spyro the Dragon, (and for fun lets throw in Croc)

PLAYSTATION 2: Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, or Ratchet and Clank

PLAYSTATION 3: Uncharted, INfamous, or Resistance

ALSO rank ALL of the games worst to best OR best to worst

Between Spyro and Crash, maybe the second is more important but I always liked the first more. So much energy and imagination those games, amazing. Croc gets the last position but only because he's against monsters, he was good too.

On the PS2 side Jak & Daxter win because they had the best storyline and atmosphere. Jak II was kinda bad as a game (let's say average), 3 was a lot better. Not a perfect trilogy but it had style. Ratchet & Clank is cool but once you played one, you played them all. Sly, for now, is a mystery to me, I'm going to buy the trilogy somewhere near the future.

On PS3 Uncharted wins by all means. Resistance is terrible, I don't seriously know how and why it's that loved, especially the first game is simply horrendous. I didn't play inFamous that much so I can't know but for what I've seen, it's not better than Uncharted which is probably the best new franchise of the generation. Uncharted 3 also is one of the best games. The first one wasn't that good,  but 2 and 3 are essential.

I agree with you up until your about to say Jak II. I told you about those exaggarations.. remember? Jak II was amazing as a game. It just had to much traffic in certain areas. Then we have the checkpoints and difficutly. Thats really it. Story was insanely powerful. Jak 3 was better like you said of course because you know it took elements from both the first game and 2nd game. So yeah when you literally beat Jak 3 then think back to Jak 1 and what he did in thatgame, then what he did in Jak II and then how the story concluded in Jak 3, your like wow, what an amazing heavy detailed plot and adventure based series. 

Jak and Daxter is better rated and known as a trilogy. When you compare the storylines between the games then it makes the whole series stand out(Outstandingly)because each sequel followed the story line previously. Separately the games will feel awesome average, because you'll be thinking aw man this story is amazing, but I dont get it because etc...

Jak and Daxter is a game series where you literally cannot skip Jak 1, II, or 3. You must play it in order to get how things happened. Example. If you dont play Jak 1 then your not going to understand why Jak received certain powers from certain creatures in Jak 3. If you dont play Jak II then your not going to understand how Jak got some other type of powers and how he got to the future and what he been through before coming to the future. And also how certain ugly looking creatures came to be in his world. And the biggest of them all, his PERSONAITLY, CHARACTER & TONE. If you go from Jak 1 to Jak 3 you just did the most horrible skipping of games in your whole life, because Jak II covers the most history. Now if you don't play Jak 3 your going to be missing out on how the whole story concluded and you'll miss how ND took elements from both prequels and merged and altered it into Jak 3. Also while Jak II covers the most history, Jak 3 puts the pieces together, because all Jak II did, was leave you on some cliffhangers. So Jak 3 wraps all of that up for you.

This is why the series is so dam-n exciting, thrilling, amazing and maginificent, because of the hidden secrets, time paradoxes, plot, plot holes and just watching Jak become and be this BADASS HERO :smileyhappy: 

Only time will tell.
Message 25 of 30 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I agree that the storyline and the characters are more important (and awesome in Jak & Daxter), but if the game is frustrating, unfair and in some missions barely playable, there's something wrong. Jak 3 had those kind of issues too but they were a few and drowned by the game's overall quality. In Jak II, sadly the good parts are sorrounded by a broken, repetitive and frustrating gameplay. And that's a shame because the story itself it's awesome, a huge gap from the first one, but it's ruined by the game itself. That doesn't make it a complete fail of a game, but it's surely the worst of the trilogy and only a decent game overall. Putting it in numbers, Jak & Daxter is a firm 8, Jak 3 is a 9, and Jak II is a 6 only thanks to the script and the cutscenes.

Message 26 of 30 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6998 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

I agree that the storyline and the characters are more important (and awesome in Jak & Daxter), but if the game is frustrating, unfair and in some missions barely playable, there's something wrong. Jak 3 had those kind of issues too but they were a few and drowned by the game's overall quality. In Jak II, sadly the good parts are sorrounded by a broken, repetitive and frustrating gameplay. And that's a shame because the story itself it's awesome, a huge gap from the first one, but it's ruined by the game itself. That doesn't make it a complete fail of a game, but it's surely the worst of the trilogy and only a decent game overall. Putting it in numbers, Jak & Daxter is a firm 8, Jak 3 is a 9, and Jak II is a 6 only thanks to the script and the cutscenes.

I edited and added in way more before you posted this, just FYI :smileyhappy:

Now for the actual reply. Ive had multiple fans tell me that Jak II isn't that that hard as people make it out to be. I disagreed at first but then agreed because I realized that Jak II is the only game in the series that requires you to be Patient and focused throughout THE WHOLE ENTIRE GAME. It also takes stragety. Jak II is only really hard when you play it for the first time or first time in many years. In the HD Collection, after I beat Jak II, I started another new file and I beat it faster by a few days. Its the amount of overall time that mainly determines how much trouble youll have through Jak II.

So its not broken, just repetitive and frustrating ONLY if you dont change up your gameplay style. Jak II is all about your control and your skills. Now I can agree to a point that its hard but I dont want any exaggarations. Jak II lacked any kind of armor whatso ever so thats another factor but if you read everything else I said above then you'll understand, maybe...

Remember Jak 3 had better Jetboard control, Zoomer control, 2x stronger weapons per MOD and a new power mode where Jak can heal himself, freeze time and summon a shield making things alot easier for you in defensive situations. Jak 3 added so much.. Im going to be honest. Jak 3 was only easier because of the fans complaints. The Devs said it before they left ND in an article.

Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 30 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 14, 2012

PS1: Crash Bandicoot

PS2: Ratchet and Clank

PS3: Uncharted

Message 28 of 30 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 14, 2012
1. Spyro , 2. Jak and Daxter ( best storyline ) 3. InFamous (love it. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 29 of 30 (62 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Not much love for Resistance. The third game was incredibly fun (especially the co-op), but it seems that nobody played it.

Message 30 of 30 (56 Views)
0 Likes