Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 10 2012
By: Xx_AngeLoNe_xX Wastelander 764 posts

BETA Impressions.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 176 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

Okay, heading into the BETA i wasnt sure what to expect, but what I found was a really great game hidden under an okay BETA. So what do I mean? Aside from the obvious bugs we've come to expect from BETAs, SuperBot left out some key things. The main thing being that there is no training mode. Once you enter a match, its pretty much just a button masher the whole time. Finally, it lacks in charm and overall presentation. The character select screen is dull and it doesnt get you all that excited for a match. Not to mention the way that it doesnt keep score of the match makes it so that the matches never get too competitive, and when you win a match, all of the characters act like they lost (which I'm sure is just a bug...). Aside from these flaws, the game is great. SuperBot has an amazing game on their hands. The gameplay is very solid and its 10 times more complex than its Nintendo counterpart. If you looking for a smash clone, PSASBR is not it. This game is so different in so many ways. If there was a singleplayer mode or training mode in this BETA, it would be amazing. My main problem is that I'm still learning characters move sets. Now, this BETA is a very early build of the game, so all the issues I mentioned before about presentation and what not were expected. I didnt enter the BETA looking for a full, complete game. That said, I can already tell you guys that the final product that ships on October 23rd will be nothing short of amazing. SuperBot, I am preordering your game now, you have made me a believer in your awesome, awesome game!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 1 of 9 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Re: BETA Impressions.

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

Im certain we will see all the necessary polish in the full game, I agree on the character select screen looking bland, hopefully something more dynamic will be included

Rayman for all stars
Message 2 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Aug 10, 2012

I believe that a Training mode was confirmed and maybe in the beta leak thought I'm not 100% sure also with a slew of other modes. I really liked the hexagon select screen someone on the forum had made and I hope something of that nature is used int he final build.

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 3 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Aug 10, 2012

China wants their wall back.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 4 of 9 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Aug 10, 2012
The lack of tutorial's in beta's annoy me so much, I knew that if i get the beta i will have no clue how to play unless there was a tutorial mode or something. So i get owned atleast 10 times before i get the hang of it :smileyvery-happy:
Message 5 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Aug 10, 2012

The presentation does look pretty bland. They should take notes from Street Fighter x Tekken. That game had amazing menus with bright, flashy colours.

Message 6 of 9 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Aug 10, 2012
The menu UI and SFX are being updated, clockwork said.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 7 of 9 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Aug 10, 2012
I agree with the gaming not showing the score until the end. Its very annoying imo.

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 8 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Radec is OP. Nerf Radec. XD

Message 9 of 9 (49 Views)
0 Likes