Highlighted
Jan 23 2013
By: FaunKeH_5 Sackboy 526 posts

Awesome arcade mode idea

[ Edited ]
4 replies 169 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

I think the idea of these rivalries is pretty good, but the arcade mode really sucks, its like a few versus matches strung together, even the final boss is just a 3v1 versus match.

Going along with the idea of rivalries, I would love to see a story mode where your character is placed in levels based on the games of their rivals, e.g. sly is put in uncharted themed levels against uncharted enemies or sweet tooth is put in god of war themed levels with gow enemies. Maybe even the final boss could be a hard/level5/red difficulty of their rival.

The current mode is too uninventive and easy for most people's taste, I think we all deserve a real arcade mode. (hoping this could be patch/DLC/PSASBR2)

What do you think would make a good campaign mode?

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 1 of 5 (169 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Re: Awesome arcade mode idea

Jan 23, 2013
That's a pretty good idea, but a lot of extra work would have to be thrown in. We can hope for it in a sequal though...
Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 23, 2013
You mean kind of like the platforming stages of melee?
Also..."Title Fight" had some stages that looked as if they would play into that.
Message 3 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 23, 2013
of course it would be lots of work, but it would definitely be worth it for a fully fledged out game.
wouldnt be too bad though as not a lot of 'design' would be needed as most levels/characters should be directly copied from their original games

HTML tutorial

Message 4 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 23, 2013
havent played melee. but something like subspace emissionary would be more substantial at least compared to the current arcade mode.

title fight designs would work pretty well i agree, although dont forget the current stages already incorporate various game elements

HTML tutorial

Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes