Nov 24 2012
By: Traison First Son 5 posts

Attacks always seem to have low priority.

7 replies 205 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

Okay so I am trying to learn Raiden, I know most of his combo's and different setups to initate them and setups to go straight into supers but it just seems like unless I am in a 1v1, all of my attacks get interupted by anyone else no matter what I do.

I don't know if its just Raiden's moveset that has such high startup frames for all his attacks or if its lag, but i've even had his basic Squarex4 mash attack be interupted mid way by the character I was attacking. And just to note, this is not about his level 1 super which I am well aware gets interupted very easily, and that it was designed like that. Anyone have any tips, preferably high level Raidens, or anyone else experiencing this problem :\

Message 1 of 8 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Attacks always seem to have low priority.

Nov 24, 2012
It might be your execution, but for me it's really easy to fight raiden because I know exactly what's going to happen. You might want to look at each situation and use a different attack for each, rather than just running in and pushing square a bunch.

He's not all that hard to use, and he gains AP like a beast, so all I can say is keep practicing, notice trends with other raidens and eventually you'll get it.

I used to suck with cole, but I stuck to him and now I'm pretty beastly with him.
Message 2 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 24, 2012
In order to execute combos properly you must have it timed down to the last millisecond otherwise it can be interrupted.
This game is unrelenting.
Message 3 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Im a level 298 Raiden, so Im pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Raiden is a character that is absolutely a force to be reckoned with. Although Raiden has a high Attack he has very little defense. Raiden is a character who is great in larger and flate stages. You want to go for a group of characters rather than a single character. Raiden is also very good at juggling characters, if you want to do that use a up square or triangle and then do your basic square or triangle attacks. Another good combo with Raiden is pressing triangle or square twice and then pressing square triang square triangle square triangle...and so on. Another good combo is down circle, up square, air up triangle, behind square, square, square, square, square. Do not underestimate using his lv. 1 when a crowd is fighting...get about 2 character lengths away a push towards them. If you need any other help just ask!
Message 4 of 8 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Always expect people to block as you come storming towards them.
You're a combo character and Raiden's will always start off their quick start up combos when they get close, so easy to read.
I've only lost to one Raiden and he had a ranking of 980. I'm not above 65 with any character yet.
I like diversity, but my main is Drake right now. I'll get there Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Also use a lot of his circle moves.
Message 6 of 8 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for all the help, I dont really know what my problem is tbh lol, maybe its just the mayhem of 4p ffa and not being able to pay attention enough, in 1v1 and training I can pull off combos and be a force to reckon with, but once you add in 2v2 or 4p ffa, unless I get the other 2 or 3 guys into a combo and lock them down, it usually gets cancelled, guess its just something I gotta learn with more practice Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
563 posts

Nov 24, 2012
No matter what you will lose in a 1v1v1v1 match because of the random factor...Im a good player compared to mosted and I get 1sts alot but 2nds alot too
Message 8 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes