Highlighted
Jan 25 2013
By: Akuumuu Lombax Warrior 233 posts

At first glance...

5 replies 117 views Edited Jan 25, 2013
Which characters did you guys think were gonna be the worst characters coming into the game? Are they still the worst characters by your standards? If so, how and why, and vice versa if they aren't.

My number 1 low expectation character was Jak. I noticed he had really short combos, and the mass inverter launched really slowly with poor range. However, Jak is now my main and my most successful character, with many tools, cool supers, and decent matchups.

Message 1 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: At first glance...

Jan 25, 2013
jak IMO is the best character in the game, well rounded, has a move for everything * he is not limited like per say kratos, raiden, radec etc *
Cole was my biggest disappointment his lack of fluidity is just -.- aso n teh other hand jak can pull some really good combos off XD
Message 2 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 25, 2013
If you think Cole doesn't have fluent combos, I have a bunch of people in my league who'd like to have a word with you. o.o
Message 3 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Jan 25, 2013
He docent, t east not with anything other than his ice abilities and square.. that electric glide only messes me up XD
Message 4 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 25, 2013
frogmanlego, is that your PSN?

I gotta hook you up with some of our Cole players. You're missing out if you don't think he has some wicked combos!
Message 5 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I originally thought Sly Cooper was going to be trash because of his lack of a guard, but now he's quite frankly the most annoying character I've ever fought, even more so than Kratos. Kratos is annoying is crap, but he's easy to deal with because he's so straightforward, but Sly has a bunch of stupidly safe moves that make punishing him difficult, his invisibilty is TOO effective in FFA matches, then he has a counter on top of all of that, and even his level 1 Super is safe. Most people's level 1 supers are easy to interrupt, but he becomes invulnerable, like with a level 2, and the big hippo guy appears behind him only making the move even safer because it makes it hard to get him from behind with close range characters. 

I also thought Nariko was gonna be a monster of a fighter,  and although she is, compared to the broken characters in the game, she's nothing special.

Also, Cole is quite the decent character in my eyes. I have my issues with him, but he's still one of my favorite characters to use. 

Message 6 of 6 (76 Views)
0 Likes