Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Re: Aspects of PASBR that are better than Smash bros brawl.

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

my breath was not taken from spam grabs and jump forward A. i could murder with marth tho JS

Message 91 of 123 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Sep 6, 2012

This game will just be hands down amazing! Who knows? It just might be better than Brawl AND Melee combined!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 92 of 123 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 6, 2012

however, i think the great PSASBR players will score kills with mostly level 1 and 2
and the thing is, most of the time you have to combo into these supers or you get intereupted and lose it altogether
also, a great combo can stop others from using their supers
imagine a great combo. which builds up your level one, then firing it off before the opponent gets a hit in

Message 93 of 123 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Okay so the concensus here is that SSB's combo system was done because there was too much depth to it and it was too hard to master.

Gotcha, you win.

Message 94 of 123 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 7, 2012

mac102991 wrote:

Okay so the concensus here is that SSB's combo system was done because there was too much depth to it and it was too hard to master.

Gotcha, you win.

Yay, twisting words!  Cheap =/= Hard to master.

SSB's "combo" system really didn't exist.  It was a series of spammable infinites that only Tourney players would come close to using because they needed every advantage they could get over one another.  Anybody playing the game to have fun didn't use them.  Saying that makes it too in-depth is like saying spawn-killing is too in-depth.  That's not why players don't like it.  They don't like it because people are playing the game for the sake of taking advantage of glitches.

When Nintendo spends most of their development time fixing infinites, you know that they're such great combos, right? 

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 95 of 123 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 8, 2012

1. Good point

2. Yeah, that's true

3. Let's not forget that Smash's A button had aerial moves that were different than ground A moves. So that's sort of like having 3 buttons. I see what you mean though.

4. If you say so buddy

5. Touche, I agree

6. Definitely!

7. Yeah

Here's another:

8. Each level is designed to be a combination of at least two popular titles (never done in Smash before). I loved this concept when I first heard of it.

And how about some reasons why it's not better:

1. Not enough items (not like the pro's will use em anyways, but in the beginning, they're fun as heck)

Message 96 of 123 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 8, 2012
From what I understand, there are about 24 items total. That's not too many, but it's not too bad, either.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 97 of 123 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Sep 8, 2012

bodiesxwords wrote:

1. Not enough items (not like the pro's will use em anyways, but in the beginning, they're fun as heck)

Eh... compared to another game I played. I enjoy the use of items in battle. That was the point but there were players who didn't want them & just want fighting instead.

Not all pros, just certain pros. Was pro against other players with or without items. Even when I was against Friend Battles, even without items, I still played well.

The items are enjoyable & was intended from the beginning. Though this game may need just a few items. Other than that, what's mostly important is the Level Supers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 98 of 123 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Oh, 24? That's pretty good then, I take back my statement. Can't wait for the game!

Message 99 of 123 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Sep 9, 2012

i played Smash and loved it just saying...

this thread is supposed to be about why allstars is smash afterall anyways......

Message 100 of 123 (187 Views)
0 Likes