Jul 10 2012
By: Silverfalcon3000 Survivor 2590 posts

Aspects of PASBR that are better than Smash bros brawl.

122 replies 2954 views Edited Jul 10, 2012

These are just some reasons I think Pasbr might be better than Brawl.

1. Getting hits on other players actually matters, think about it how many times in smash bros have you beat the crap out of another player only to have someone else get the hit, what a waste of time that was, now that helps to level up your ap.

2. Harder to get super attacks, in Brawl it made you hit a little ball that was floating around and took away from the game itself, in Pasbr it's based on how many hits you get on the opponents.

3. More attack options, Pasbr has three main attacks smash bros only had two.

4. Fewer noobs, the facat that you have to get attacks in to get ap, means there will be fewer people who just sit in the corner tauniting, waiting to be attacked.

5. No self destructs or stupid K.O's, they where annoying.

6. Better online, sony offers better online service than Nintendo traditionally,

7. Reverse stock kill limit mode, I'm surprised no body thought of this before.

These are just some of the reasons.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 1 of 123 (2,954 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Re: Aspects of PASBR that are better than Smash bros brawl.

Jul 10, 2012

Wow, ... I mean kudos.... this list is amazing.

I really like your ideas... and another is that the superball had only 1 attack everytime. For example: Samus Shoots a big laser than goes into zero suit. Everytime, over and over.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 123 (2,951 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jul 10, 2012

What a nice refreshing change to hear about why it's better, and not why it's too similar or not similar enough. Kudos. 

Photobucket
Message 3 of 123 (2,938 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 10, 2012

1.  Time battles are actually balanced.

In Brawl, no matter how much damage you do, the hardest hitting character (Ike, Bowser, DK, DeDeDe, etc.) is going to steal all the kills.  Stock is the only competitive way to play the game.   In PASBR, it looks competitive in both timed and stock.

788 posts

Jul 10, 2012

To me, the good points..

Is there only one character per franchines..that means, no clones characters..

Message 5 of 123 (2,910 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Jul 10, 2012
amazing, I never think of it compared to Smash like that, you deserve some KUDOS bro
Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 6 of 123 (2,901 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 10, 2012
yea i feel like this game can be superior easily. You could of added there will be no clones in this game like in smash bros.
Message 7 of 123 (2,886 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Jul 10, 2012

You forgot one more thing. All of the characters in PASBR can combo. Only certain charactes such Metaknight, Marth, Diddy Kong, ect have combos in Brawl.

Message 8 of 123 (2,878 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 10, 2012

Two reasons that aren't related to gameplay:

• Roster so far isn't stacked with multiple characters from the top franchises. As in, SuperBot could have gone with Sully, Elena, Murray, Bentley, Carmelita, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Athena but didn't. It's possible that some of them are in fact in the game but I'm confident they didn't exaggerate due to the fact that Sly already uses Murray and Bentley in his supers.
  • Roster diversity is much better already. This ties in to the point above but also the fact that SuperBot is adding a number of third party characters that give a much needed variety to the PSA roster. Kratos is from a hack and slash, Sly from a stealth adventure, Drake from a action adventure, Sweet Tooth from a combat racer, Radec from a FPS, Big Daddy from a survival FPS, PaRappa from a rhythm, Heihachi from a fighting game, etc. There's something for everyone here.
Message 9 of 123 (2,870 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 10, 2012
Sweet Tooth is from car combat, not combat racer, but other than that, your points are spot on.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 10 of 123 (2,863 Views)