Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 02/07/2010
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 28, 2013

Fromundaman wrote:

Strato-Squirrel wrote:

Asis_aka_Talent wrote:

Come check out the 1v1 vs the self proclaimed "Worlds Best Dante Player" vs Myself

 

 

Alot more PSAS related content coming your way people!!!


now thats what its all about...me and my friend was talking the other day that gamers these days seem to have less honor in how they play to win....but you 2 went at each other full on in fair combat....i can't imagine what you 2 could do in a tag match lol.

 

you 2 have my respect


Here's the thing, by less honor you essentially mean less playing by arbitrary rules that define what you call honor. The reason it feels like there's less of that is because games are now online. It was really easy to complain at your friends until you turn off home run bats and hammers (For example) in Smash, but yeah, now you're playing with people who may disagree with the notion of doing so.



Take kill confirms for example. You seem to consider them cheap. I feel that a player refusing to use kill confirms against me/play to their full potential is wasting my time and honestly that they're disrespecting me. To me, your definition of playing honorably is incredibly disrespectful since you're essentially telling me "You're so bad I'll place arbitrary restrictions on my character".









Laybackkid wrote:
Lol come on ppl. You just have to delay your wake up by holding L1 or the block button.
There's actually more to it than that. It's a 50-50 mixup in that the only ways to escape it are: A) Stay down then roll into him at the last second (Only works if he immediately level 2s), or B ) immediately get up and jump (Only works if he delayed it assuming you'd stay down.).

yup 50/50


YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 171 of 252 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
1512 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 28, 2013
Lol i know but I'm sayin that you got him with it 3 times (which is kinda hilarious) & you used it immediately 3 times (in this video) he also got up immediately 3 times (lmaoo the first 2 times are understood) so maybe he shouldve tried staying down the last time.

Lol I'm just going off of what I saw in the video, he doesnt adapt quickly like you mentioned in that FFA breakdown.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 172 of 252 (199 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Offline
1779 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I love how the video said that there were no Kill confirms used in this video, when Asis' final two kills were  Kill Confirms. There's absolutely no way to escape Cole's Level 2 if you're grounded.

Message 173 of 252 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
558 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 28, 2013
Way to go! great match! both of you are very skilled... Smiley Happy

Message 174 of 252 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/05/2013
Offline
386 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 28, 2013

it was quite obvious that Cole was going to win

still, good

Message 175 of 252 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: aRe: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Tmxelmo wrote:

TBH antitidus if you think this isnt a hardcore fighting game come fight me and win because what makes you say this isnt as compeitive as other fighters you have no grounds to make that statement

 

also anyone who wants to 1v1 ect throw me friend PSN: Tmxelmo


Lol you're trying to say you would beat me bro? And this is nowhere where as competitive like REAL fighters. Fighting you would just make me a hypocrite about "bragging ect ect just have fun' but ill do it to prove to you this game doesn't take skill

Message 176 of 252 (168 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6400 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 28, 2013
Well from what I see if a player is playing on equal terms than there is no reason to limit yourself. I usually try to lower my level against some people to give them a fighting chance, and only a few have forced me to go all out (that includes asis and dabuz, but like I said I learned why I lost some of those matches and got better because of it). I don't think pb_mal should limit himself unless he isn't even trying. He should use all of Dante's tools in matchups like that, because he was at a clear disadvantage. Also delaying your wake-up is a good defense option, saved me more than once against people like asis, chof, and dabuz.
Message 177 of 252 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/16/2012
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Gratz Asis, ur a good player, and i love what you did.

kudos for u

Message 178 of 252 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/21/2013
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 29, 2013
Delaying getting up may have saved him a couple of those times but overall very good game.
Message 179 of 252 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/28/2013
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: Asis vs Pb_Mal - The Grudge Match

Jan 29, 2013

You fight cole with dante and see how it turns out. Even with kill confirms cole is the better character. He can confirm off his ice attack easily. Plus he has moves to spam for days oops I mean zone. give dante an angel grab and no way would this match been that easy.

Message 180 of 252 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes