Survivor
2454 posts

Re: Aside of all the fun it is, its cheaply made.

Dec 25, 2012
@gnomewizard

Going to a famous gaming company and asking to borrow there character is very very different to them and saying could 'my' character look like (insert here). But they have concentrated on the in depth gaming mechanics then they have in depth content. Everything they have done is new and they have tried making it exactly how they thought off it and reality crashes with that e.i they have to have TWO coles to have cole in it etc..

Am just saying I prefer a unique gaming a experience to in depth content plus what content do you really need other then what's already there really? A icon that you see for about 15-20 secs per match that's not even worth it.

You got the character bios, costumes. What more do you really want???

I ain't got cod black ops 2 or mw2 but am sure the only thing you could change is your gun layout and gamertag thing that's about it?
Message 11 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I like the menu. I do wish we can choose which characters menu theme we want as default instead of it being random. The Story mode leaves a bit to be desired though (feels like it is missing a real last boss). There a lot of little things I am surprised haven't been implemented (character selection changing skin works but changing color, you can't see what it looks like until you play... example: sackboys color changes). The online... is a major work in progress missing many wanted features (1vs1 ranked stock mode at the very least please)

Message 12 of 20 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Yeah this was their first game, made by a small studio. If there's a sequel it will be significantly better. Sony has to see if it will be a selling franchise.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 13 of 20 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 25, 2012
It's a lot harder to get the LBP costumes than you think. It took them forever to finally release the final fantasy costumes because they lost the rights for it and then finally due to fans they were able to get it back.
Second off, what does call of duty have to do this?xD. Granted I do like black ops 2 because the zombies mode is super addictive and really your point for bringing it up can be argued because black ops 2 has plenty of modes, over 20 argueably, zombies, plenty of zombies modes, and singleplayer.
I'm not saying this games bad but Im just saying theres too many excuses on why they made the game the way they did. I just hope they can make DLC quicker, I just want some new charactersSmiley Sad its gonna be lame when Kat and emmett come out cause every game is MOST likely going to have them both in it.
Message 14 of 20 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Can I also just say, people have been waiting for a very long time for Sony to make a game like this, and If it sold badly then that's just sonys fault, the only commercial I see for it doesn't really show what the game is all about imo, they could've made a commercial showing how fun it is to play with people at your house(like a party game) because that's the best the about the game in my opinion.
And thanks rikkirosstheboss for being literally the only person in this whole forum who can have an argument with somebody without calling them names or being an **bleep**.
Message 15 of 20 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 25, 2012

In my opinion the menu and credits don't make the game. The gameplay and fun factor is through the roof, i have gamefly and i had to buy the game the minute i got it.

Message 16 of 20 (93 Views)
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Unlike SSB, this isn't a high-budget game, it's more of an experiment, Sony didn't want to put so much money into this since there was a chance of it selling poorly because of its similarities to SSB.

Message 17 of 20 (89 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 25, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Unlike SSB, this isn't a high-budget game, it's more of an experiment, Sony didn't want to put so much money into this since there was a chance of it selling poorly because of its similarities to SSB.

it did sell poorly europe really didnt like the game at all. i can see why  after what they  made pal regions test a bugged untested patch wich left almost every pal region PASBR  disc unable to even start up , did any company ever disable the game completely even offline version for 4 days?

Message 18 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Dec 26, 2012
They focused more on the gameplay which IMO is great. Next time they could work on the presentation a little more
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 19 of 20 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
478 posts

Dec 26, 2012

They wanted to put as much time into making the gameplay as fun as possible
They made the decision to perhaps not perfect their menus at the gain of better ballancing ect

Message 20 of 20 (49 Views)
0 Likes