Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Re: As of right now...

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

@XxPartyPandazXx Right this game has the characters who's franchises we loved but what about those characters that we loved besides they're games. The characters the critics love, the characters that changed genres and opened doors. the characters that win popularity contest in video game magazines, the ryus, the crashes, the clouds, the raziels, the snakes, the lightnings, the wanderers etc, etc. Hell where is sonys "mario" and "links". The point is this games roster is great but it's missing some major players where are the big names that made playstation what it is today... wow I need a life lol anyways, yeah I gotta go to work TTFN

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Retrac-kun wrote:

@XxPartyPandazXx Right this game has the characters who's franchises we loved but what about those characters that we loved besides they're games. The characters the critics love, the characters that changed genres and opened doors. the characters that win popularity contest in video game magazines, the ryus, the crashes, the clouds, the raziels, the snakes, the lightnings, the wanderers etc, etc. Hell where is sonys "mario" and "links". The point is this games roster is great but it's missing some major players where are the big names that made playstation what it is today... wow I need a life lol anyways, yeah I gotta go to work TTFN

Lightning made Playstation what it is today? lol. But anyways, I do think the roster is missing something at the moment and a few gaming icons could fill in the cracks.

The Party Panda.png

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

i agree that there aren't too many OH MY GOSH characters in this yet.  the only character that made me say that so far was sackboy.  i just love the little guy.  i'm a huge MGS fan so i was really excited to see raiden too but was also a little upset because i wasn't sure if him being in is going to push out snake.  i'm sure the OMG characters are on the way though

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Gdgt-Wdgt wrote:
Well, we can probably stipulate that nobody expected for Big Daddy to be announced when they did. But, yeah, I get your point. Something's probably going to come up soon.

i was SO shocked, every year me and a bunch of buddies watch e3 together, and were all shocked and surprised when he was revealed.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1307 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Ot has OMG characters, is these characters weren't annonced and crash, spyro, wander, cloud, sora, dart, ty, gex, croc, nathan hale were in the roster you would still complain why they haven't add Kratos, or Cole!!!!!! Its the same thing if any of the current characters weren't in the game, so stop hating. They are doing the best. All the 20 characters (except FP) are OMG characters.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

@Revenger-cm hmm... lol well it's a little to late to play the "IF" card isn't it .by your example thats just like capcom making a cross over without ryu or chun li. seriously who honestly thought they wouldn't add Kratos or Cole, they're hot right now and they're first party characters. i'm sure them along with the likes of Sackboy and Drake will be staples of this series for along time to come. oh and go look up the meaning of hating because i never hate on this game, I love it. (pinches and softly slaps cheek) LOL "nice try sweety" LOL jk but lets not fight over opinions of an unreleased game ok. if you don't like the topic fine, just don't call me a hater.

RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I think that it isn't necessarily that it doesn't have wow factors, but just that Sony has no clear mascot or lead. I know a few people that have been overjoyed or wow'd at the inclusion of Jak, Ratchet, Cole, Kratos, Drake, and B. Daddy, but Sony's greatest gift also seems one of it's largest failings; a double-edged sword if you will.

We have no lead. There are plenty of games that you think about when you think about PlayStation, but there isn't a single one that's unanimous for mostly everyone.

With XBox, you think Halo and Gears. For Nintendo it's usually Mario first, followed by Link, DK, Samus, etc. For Sony it's...whoever stood out to you the most. Our games are memorable; iconic even and strong enough to hold their own. But it seems like the Sony brand needs a leader and we don't have one.

Evem third party companies have their own brands. Capcom has SF and MM, Namco is Pacman or Tekken, Sega is Sonic, and so on and so forth. It's even to the point where when a new console is announced, everyone knows that Halo or Gears will be among the first, and a new Mario is mandatory, but Sony is always "I wonder what's next..."

Not that we're disappointed. We know that many of the games will be phenomenal. But we just aren't sure what they'll likely be.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (75 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I can agree to some extent, but this is also how PlayStation as a whole is. There aren't many characters or games in general for PS that truly make you think they're a mascot. R&C comes close, due to its longevity and similarities to the Mario series as a whole (not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of a series with consistently similar games that are unique only slightly from one another, but are all fun), but R&C isn't popular enough to fit that bill. Every character in this game makes sense in some way, but very few really surprise you because there is no straight-up mascot that garners some wows in itself.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Yea because they were leaked months before their initial announcement. So of course the excitment factor is gone.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (55 Views)
0 Likes