Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012
References is one thing, but the character just isn't the same - honestly I don't see how a huge Jak fan such as yourself can honestly take issue to that. The Jak from 2 & 3 is not the same as the Jak in the first, it's as simple as that. If you like the change, then all the power to you, I'm sure your not alone in sharing that opinion, but I played the three games to completion in the span of a week and I honestly went back to my save of the first game after completing the second and starting the third just to remind myself if the change really was that obvious, and it was.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 81 of 101 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
References is one thing, but the character just isn't the same - honestly I don't see how a huge Jak fan such as yourself can honestly take issue to that. The Jak from 2 & 3 is not the same as the Jak in the first, it's as simple as that. If you like the change, then all the power to you, I'm sure your not alone in sharing that opinion, but I played the three games to completion in the span of a week and I honestly went back to my save of the first game after completing the second and starting the third just to remind myself if the change really was that obvious, and it was.

Look cause you dont seem to understand. of course its not the same exact character, but Jak still does have his qualities from the first game, Jak 3 to be specific. Jak 3 was the closest to TPL Jak. Like I said you haven't spend enough time with the series. You really think 1 or 2 playthroughs is enough to realize that? The change is not even that different anyway so calm down. Once recieves Light Eco he's like Jak TPL again. Its way to obvious in Jak 3. In Jak 3 its basically Jak from TPL talking.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 82 of 101 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

barker09 wrote:
Where exactly is he wrong? 
And you shouldn't have to replay a game and study it to find an emotional response. These types of things are meant to be evident the first time you play through it. 

False. Completely false. Every game and movie has content in it that you will miss 1st time aaround because theres a lot of it. Every Jak game references the prequels and sequels in many ways. I have noted most of them. You have to know a game series well in order to find its references in its sequels.

That's poor game design. The Jak games aren't meant to be beaten over and over again because there is no incentive to do so. Why replay a game for the story/character elements if you didn't enjoy the experience the first time through? 
Message 83 of 101 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

barker09 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

barker09 wrote:
Where exactly is he wrong? 
And you shouldn't have to replay a game and study it to find an emotional response. These types of things are meant to be evident the first time you play through it. 

False. Completely false. Every game and movie has content in it that you will miss 1st time aaround because theres a lot of it. Every Jak game references the prequels and sequels in many ways. I have noted most of them. You have to know a game series well in order to find its references in its sequels.

That's poor game design. The Jak games aren't meant to be beaten over and over again because there is no incentive to do so. Why replay a game for the story/character elements if you didn't enjoy the experience the first time through? 

Your a true IDIOT! This is how every game and movie is to their own perspectives. Your not going to capture everything all the time in one PT! The brain cannot store that much data. Jak actually is meant for that though. Its a high replay value game. its also KNOWN FOR ITS PLOT HOLES. Did you forget about that. Mar, the Precursors, Etc.

Last line was invalid because noone stated that.

Only time will tell.
Message 84 of 101 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Calm down ? This isn't an arguement, it's a difference of opinion lol. The Light Jak form didn't change the dynamic of the voiceless young hero & the wisecracking companion the first had. It just made references and callbacks, the character was still the same turn from Jak 2.
Message 85 of 101 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 29, 2012
What replay value is there? If the story was designed to be experienced multiple times, where's my incentive to go through the entire game a second or third time? Anyone with knowledge in game design would know that if you want your players to experience the story multiple times you need to give them a reason to.
Message 86 of 101 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Calm down ? This isn't an arguement, it's a difference of opinion lol. The Light Jak form didn't change the dynamic of the voiceless young hero & the wisecracking companion the first had. It just made references and callbacks, the character was still the same turn from Jak 2.

If you don't immediately and absolutely agree with him over the subject, you leave yourself open to misguided hostility and ad hominem attacks. He does it to everyone.

Message 87 of 101 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Actually it did change Jak tone a little. Jak became a more calmer and caring person in Jak 3 because of the light eco. It was nowhere near the same Jak as the 2nd game. Dude stop talking. You dont know what your talking about. Jak motives and dark eco injections is why he was angry in the first game. His motives and light eco presence in Jak 3 almost completely changed who he was. Ive played all the games multiple times. Im the best guy to judge this. I know these things for a fact. Jak 3 you can basically call TPL Jak to a degree.

Only time will tell.
Message 88 of 101 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

barker09 wrote:
What replay value is there? If the story was designed to be experienced multiple times, where's my incentive to go through the entire game a second or third time? Anyone with knowledge in game design would know that if you want your players to experience the story multiple times you need to give them a reason to.

Jak was noted as a game with high replay value. Just because you didnt feel the urge to play it again doesnt mean the same for others. Btw I hope your not referring to the HD Collection. With all these PS3 games out now it kinda destroys Jak reply value. Jak had massive replay value bck on PS2 gen.

Once again wrong. Jak is a game series that focuses on Time Paradoxs and plotholes. Your not going to get everything one one playthrough. That is a fact. 

Only time will tell.
Message 89 of 101 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 29, 2012
'Dude stop talking'...hmm nah I won't argue - don't care enough. I've given you my opinion on the subject, take it for what you will.
Message 90 of 101 (28 Views)
0 Likes