Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012
I'm not comparing a bada** to a teenager, it's the way he's depicted as one - it's straightforward anger & threats in a deep gurgly voice. I compare it to Prince from Warrior Within, a sudden change to the series & character just to shift it to a darker tone that wasn't needed in the first place. The two sequels were fine, and they've got a huge fanbase, but after falling in love with the first one, it was just a real shame that they just took a left turn with the series.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 61 of 101 (54 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.

^ this, i mean look at nathan drake, his personality is perfect for a character, nobody could beat him in personality, he has the right amount of everything! Jak is just "grrr im angry and im going to get revenge or just try and be a badass"

You are trolling way way to hard Smiley Happy

Jak wasn't like that at all in Jak 3 or Jak X so good try idiot. 

yeah he was! Jak was always so angry at the world, like a little teenager! he acted like one too. at least naughty dog got smart and dropped it for the far superior uncharted Smiley Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 62 of 101 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'm not comparing a bada** to a teenager, it's the way he's depicted as one - it's straightforward anger & threats in a deep gurgly voice. I compare it to Prince from Warrior Within, a sudden change to the series & character just to shift it to a darker tone that wasn't needed in the first place. The two sequels were fine, and they've got a huge fanbase, but after falling in love with the first one, it was just a real shame that they just took a left turn with the series.

Alright you crossed the line and went overboard. it is not straight forawrd anger and threats in a deep gurly voice. Thats Kratos buddy Smiley Happy

The darker tone was a nice addition to the series and it did a good job at it. For Jak learning to control his anger and dark eco powers later on goes to show that he ended up becoming a very interesting character. But apparently you ppl only think about Jak II. Light Jak had a stronger impact and debut because of Dark eco. You can't argue with these points im saying.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 63 of 101 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I don't even know why Jak is in this game. He's a sidekick to Daxter. If Daxter didn't exist, absolutely no one would care about Jak and Naughty Dog would've went under producing the games.

Message 64 of 101 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I don't even know why Jak is in this game. He's a sidekick to Daxter. If Daxter didn't exist, absolutely no one would care about Jak and Naughty Dog would've went under producing the games.

yeah especially today when everything is a darker tone, jak would be shoved aside, thank god for daxter being the hero of the series though!

Message 65 of 101 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Alright you crossed the line and went overboard. it is not straight forawrd anger and threats in a deep gurly voice. Thats Kratos buddy Smiley Happy

The darker tone was a nice addition to the series and it did a good job at it. For Jak learning to control his anger and dark eco powers later on goes to show that he ended up becoming a very interesting character. But apparently you ppl only think about Jak II. Light Jak had a stronger impact and debut because of Dark eco. You can't argue with these points im saying.

Yeah but Kratos' character was built around his anger. Jak's was tacked on and felt forced. 
Message 66 of 101 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

YOU TROLLS think im stupid? lol You think I dont know your tying to **bleep** me off?

Last time I checked the sequels after the first game was called Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X with no Daxter in it so yeah anymore lies you want to say?

Only time will tell.
Message 67 of 101 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

YOU TROLLS think im stupid? lol You think I dont know your tying to **bleep** me off?

Last time I checked the sequels after the first game was called Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X with no Daxter in it so yeah anymore lies you want to say?

daxter was in the game o.0 just not in the title, and that was because they didnt want jak to be overwhelmed by daxter, why do you think daxter got a spin off?! common sense.

Message 68 of 101 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 29, 2012
See, you're in favour of the dark turn and change to the character - but I'm initially saying it wasn't needed in the first place. There was no charm to the character once he was given that voice and attitude, he was no longer the source of laughs, and because of it, even Daxter's wisecracks seemed hit and miss. Forget the story and motives, I'm talking solely about the character.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 69 of 101 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

daxter was in the game o.0 just not in the title, and that was because they didnt want jak to be overwhelmed by daxter, why do you think daxter got a spin off?! common sense.

Why do you troll so hard? Anybody can see here from everything that you posted that your truely trolling. You think you know the series better then me? haha. Your opinions are invalid because there meant to **bleep** me off which is super obvious. Sad man. Wow you can sure take your immaturity to a point beyond anything.

Only time will tell.
Message 70 of 101 (51 Views)
0 Likes