Reply
Splicer
Registered: 11/25/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

 

 

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

 


Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Im glad you understand and got my point. That is all. You finally reconized.

 

But hold up, it would not be 10x worst if Daxter was in the same situation. Daxter is only important when it comes down to humor nothing else. Jak has the stronger focus for the franchise.


no, my opinion hasn't changed at all. you just took my comment the wrong way. when I said eh, at least they didnt change daxters, I meant that regardless of the changes to jaks voice it would be much worse if they had changed daxters. and I elaborated a lot more on my original opinion in that post since everyone seems to be arguing over what I did or didn't say 


Its not my fault though. Because in that situation eh seem like it meant whatever, we still got Daxters voice, but seriously it would not be way worst. Your making it sound like Daxter is far beyond Jak. Like I said Daxter is known for just humor and jokes. In All Stars Jak is suppose to be more important... why do you ask? because of his taunts, intros, story. Thats suppose to represent Jak. Daxter isnt even acknowledged in Jaks named in this game. Its stated as Jak.


im not blaming you. that 2nd post of mine (or maybe it was the 3rd) was meant to just clarify what I said because my priginal post was very vague. I just dont think to say pretty much the same crap that everyone else has already said so I took a slightly different approch and talked about daxters VA instead. 

Message 51 of 101 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

 

 

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

 


To go into more detail. Daxter is just the pointless sidekick who is just riding around on Jak shoulder for the ride. Jak does most of the work. Jak character was always more indepth then Daxter. Daxter is just humor and jokes. Jak is badass hero who is skilled in almost every field possible with powers, great ancestor and etc...


that makes jak the cliched action hero. jak could definitely go about his adventures perfectly fine without daxter, and probably get into a lot less trouble. but without daxter much of the personality of the series would be lost. sure daxter is technically unimortant, but he adds a lot to the game without actually contributing much at all. 

 

He is also the only fictional character with a huge ego that I actually really like.


I agree with mostly everything. However I disagree with the less trouble. Jak is the one who always wants to get into the danger and trouble. Daxter always tries to talk Jak out of it. Theres other fictional characters btw that i will not mention because of spoilers, so daxter isnt the only one.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 52 of 101 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 53 of 101 (39 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.

^ this, i mean look at nathan drake, his personality is perfect for a character, nobody could beat him in personality, he has the right amount of everything! Jak is just "grrr im angry and im going to get revenge or just try and be a badass"

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 54 of 101 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.

I preferred him talking Smiley Happy

 

Btw just because a character has a bad@ss personailty doesnt mean he can be compared to a teenager...

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 55 of 101 (32 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.

It also really works when you have Daxter doing all the talking for him. It's the same formula that makes Penn & Teller so successful.

Message 56 of 101 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/25/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

 

 

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

 


To go into more detail. Daxter is just the pointless sidekick who is just riding around on Jak shoulder for the ride. Jak does most of the work. Jak character was always more indepth then Daxter. Daxter is just humor and jokes. Jak is badass hero who is skilled in almost every field possible with powers, great ancestor and etc...


that makes jak the cliched action hero. jak could definitely go about his adventures perfectly fine without daxter, and probably get into a lot less trouble. but without daxter much of the personality of the series would be lost. sure daxter is technically unimortant, but he adds a lot to the game without actually contributing much at all. 

 

He is also the only fictional character with a huge ego that I actually really like.


I agree with mostly everything. However I disagree with the less trouble. Jak is the one who always wants to get into the danger and trouble. Daxter always tries to talk Jak out of it. Theres other fictional characters btw that i will not mention because of spoilers, so daxter isnt the only one.


how many times has daxter's big mouth **bleep** someone off and gotten jak into trouble, or fiddled with something and caused some problem that jak had to take care of?

Message 57 of 101 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.

^ this, i mean look at nathan drake, his personality is perfect for a character, nobody could beat him in personality, he has the right amount of everything! Jak is just "grrr im angry and im going to get revenge or just try and be a badass"

 


You are trolling way way to hard Smiley Happy

 

Jak wasn't like that at all in Jak 3 or Jak X so good try idiot. 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 58 of 101 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/04/2012
Offline
1789 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I liked Jak better in the first game as the voiceless hero - his expressions were the source of a lot of laughs in the game. Jak in the two sequels seemed like a teenagers depiction of a bada**, I was kind of hoping the initial voice & attitude would be temporary as a result of being exposed to dark ico, which was somewhat true but the voice and attitude remained.
I completely agree, Jak was more relatable in the first game because he represented the player. Sometimes he would make a facial expression and it would match the one I had while playing. He should have remained a mute, Daxter does enough talking for the both of them. 
Message 59 of 101 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

 

 

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

 


To go into more detail. Daxter is just the pointless sidekick who is just riding around on Jak shoulder for the ride. Jak does most of the work. Jak character was always more indepth then Daxter. Daxter is just humor and jokes. Jak is badass hero who is skilled in almost every field possible with powers, great ancestor and etc...


that makes jak the cliched action hero. jak could definitely go about his adventures perfectly fine without daxter, and probably get into a lot less trouble. but without daxter much of the personality of the series would be lost. sure daxter is technically unimortant, but he adds a lot to the game without actually contributing much at all. 

 

He is also the only fictional character with a huge ego that I actually really like.


I agree with mostly everything. However I disagree with the less trouble. Jak is the one who always wants to get into the danger and trouble. Daxter always tries to talk Jak out of it. Theres other fictional characters btw that i will not mention because of spoilers, so daxter isnt the only one.


how many times has daxter's big mouth **bleep** someone off and gotten jak into trouble, or fiddled with something and caused some problem that jak had to take care of?


Im well aware of that but also Jak has suggested going on dangerous missions where Daxter tried to convice him otherwise. your over thinking it lol. Daxter hasnt gotten Jak into that much trouble.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 60 of 101 (47 Views)
0 Likes