Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Are you guys starting to like Jak's voice

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Img lad you understand and got my point. That is all. You finally reconized.

yeahSmiley Very Happy daxter is a lot like sully from uncharted! Smiley Very Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 101 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

never had people argue over my opinion before. I have played all the jak games aside from daxter and jak X (though I watched all the cutscenes for jak X on youtube) 

I really like jaks darker badass voice from the older games. a hell of a lot more then I do his voice from that other game. It makes him sound like a wuss. It would of been one thing if instead of being a mute in the 1st game he had the voice of the last one (except for the fact that I like him being a mute, and havinig daxter do all the talking then I would him have that voice) and then he switched to the darker voice. but to have him go from darker, to a more lighter tone is really stupid.

but Daxter is what really makes the series. as much as a hate the change in jaks voice it would be ten times worse if they had done anything to daxters voice or daxters personality. 

Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Im glad you understand and got my point of Jak now. That is all. You finally reconized.

But hold up, it would not be 10x worst if Daxter was in the same situation. Daxter is only important when it comes down to humor nothing else. Jak has the stronger focus for the franchise.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 42 of 101 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Im glad you understand and got my point of Jak now. That is all. You finally reconized.

But hold up, it would not be 10x worst if Daxter was in the same situation. Daxter is only important when it comes down to humor nothing else. Jak has the stronger focus for the franchise.

daxter always made the series for me! Jak was always too serious! thats not how you make a good characterSmiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 101 (54 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

daxter always made the series for me! Jak was always too serious! thats not how you make a good characterSmiley Very Happy

Careful, he'll go into a tirade about how he's a bigger fan than you (as if that even means anything).

Message 44 of 101 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

To go into more detail. Daxter is just the pointless sidekick who is just riding around on Jak shoulder for the ride. Jak does most of the work. Jak character was always more indepth then Daxter. Daxter is just humor and jokes. Jak is badass hero who is skilled in almost every field possible with powers, great ancestor and etc...

Only time will tell.
Message 45 of 101 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Im glad you understand and got my point. That is all. You finally reconized.

no, my opinion hasn't changed at all. you just took my comment the wrong way. when I said eh, at least they didnt change daxters, I meant that regardless of the changes to jaks voice it would be much worse if they had changed daxters. and I elaborated a lot more on my original opinion in that post since everyone seems to be arguing over what I did or didn't say 

Message 46 of 101 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

To go into more detail. Daxter is just the pointless sidekick who is just riding around on Jak shoulder for the ride. Jak does most of the work. Jak character was always more indepth then Daxter. Daxter is just humor and jokes. Jak is badass hero who is skilled in almost every field possible with powers, great ancestor and etc...

jak was only a "badass" characterSmiley Very Happy he had a very plain personality it was just "Anger", now daxter! hes the one you wanted to go with for personality!

Message 47 of 101 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 29, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

Ok so now you realize because this is the opposite of what you said before. Im glad you understand and got my point. That is all. You finally reconized.

no, my opinion hasn't changed at all. you just took my comment the wrong way. when I said eh, at least they didnt change daxters, I meant that regardless of the changes to jaks voice it would be much worse if they had changed daxters. and I elaborated a lot more on my original opinion in that post since everyone seems to be arguing over what I did or didn't say 

Its not my fault though. Because in that situation eh seem like it meant whatever, we still got Daxters voice, but seriously it would not be way worst. Your making it sound like Daxter is far beyond Jak. Like I said Daxter is known for just humor and jokes. In All Stars Jak is suppose to be more important... why do you ask? because of his taunts, intros, story. Thats suppose to represent Jak. Daxter isnt even acknowledged in Jaks named in this game. Its stated as Jak.

Only time will tell.
Message 48 of 101 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

that makes jak the cliched action hero. jak could definitely go about his adventures perfectly fine without daxter, and probably get into a lot less trouble. but without daxter much of the personality of the series would be lost. sure daxter is technically unimortant, but he adds a lot to the game without actually contributing much at all. 

He is also the only fictional character with a huge ego that I actually really like.

Message 49 of 101 (61 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

Its not my fault though. Because in that situation eh seem like it meant whatever, we still got Daxters voice, but seriously it would not be way worst. Your making it sound like Daxter is far beyond Jak. Like I said Daxter is known for just humor and jokes. In All Stars Jak is suppose to be more important... why do you ask? because of his taunts, intros, story. Thats suppose to represent Jak. Daxter isnt even acknowledged in Jaks named in this game. Its stated as Jak.

yeah thats always been my toughts about this game! i think daxter should have his name with jak always, just like the first gameSmiley Very Happy

Message 50 of 101 (60 Views)
0 Likes