Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
542 posts

Re: Are you guys serious...?

Jan 6, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate about this, but to end the stupidity, so be it...

This game is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Now, I don't know who the **bleep** was who created this term for the game, but "kill confirm"? Seriously guys? You guys actually accomplished something; created a term for a word that already exists... THIS IS NOT CALL OF DUTY! They are called "setups", not "kill confirms"! I understand what y'all mean because if you get hit by a certain attack, you can easily confirm a kill with a Super, but it's called a "setup", I clearly can't emphasize that enough. Plus, do you even realize how stupid it sound to say "Oh, I got a "'kill confirm" on somebody"'... Really guys? Grow up...

Like I said before, the same reason people call Drake's oil drum a barrel, Sly Cooper's Decoy a counter and Kratos's Combat Grapple a Chain grab. It's simply more convenient.

Message 11 of 24 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I dont see how cod comes into this but

kill setups amd kill confirms both exist in the game and they're two completely different things.

Message 12 of 24 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Wow....

Hit confirm is a common technical term in fighters. A kil confirm is just a hit confirm that kills.

Anyone who whines about the term sounds like some noob that knows othing about fighting games or the fighting game community.

Message 13 of 24 (169 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I partialy agree with him, setups are just fine. I find Kratos and Raiden needing nerfs a bigger issue than some kill confirms.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 14 of 24 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Wow... this is possibly the most useless post I have ever seen.

Let me follow it up by saying "I really hate when people say 'lol' to show that they are laughing out loud as if I care."

Message 15 of 24 (146 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Wow what a **bleep** stupid post.

Sir Dan's arrow combo-- SETUP

EvIl Coles' giga punch and R-- KILL CONFIRM.

Sir dans is a setup because you CAN escape it, but if set up properly, you can't. (IMO really gay-- shouldn't be able to escape this setup)

Evil Coles is a hit confirm because NO WAY, NO HOW, NO CHANCE you can dodge his charged giga punch and R. Simply no way.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 16 of 24 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:
@Teh_Shade667 Starting an argument is pointless...

@az_heretic I see your point, but when you think about it, in order to "confirm a kill" you have to set them up. Like Evil Cole's setup. He'll do that punch attack then hit you with a Level 1. Although the kill was absolute, the way he got it was by a setup.

LOL  "starting an argument is pointless"    then why did you make this thread? LOL

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 17 of 24 (128 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 6, 2013
still going to call it kill confirm :smileyhappy:
Message 18 of 24 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I could set you up for a combo, I could set you up in a certain spot, i can set you up for a lot of things.  Calling them "Kill Confirm"  is so that they can be singled out for what they are.  Yes, they are setups but they're a setup for a confirmed kill thus the term "Kill Confirm."  I don't like CoD either, but you're whining too much about nothing.

Message 19 of 24 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jan 7, 2013
@pinachronic E.coles giga punch is easy to avoid though, jump, or block. If u block u get a free combo as he is now left open.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 20 of 24 (79 Views)
0 Likes