Sep 22 2012
By: musicfreaklam Uncharted Territory 1807 posts

Are there enough iconic characters yet?

28 replies 520 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

Today I stumbled upon a comment I made on a YouTube video from more than four months ago about the first six PSASBR characters.  I stated that, in my opinion, the game would only have around 25 characters and that I would buy the game if most of the characters I wanted were in the game.  My list (not including the original six) was:

1. Ratchet and Clank (check)

2. Jak and Daxter (check)

3. Sackboy (check)

4. Cole MacGrath (check)

5. Nathan Drake (check)

6. Spyro

7. Crash Bandicoot

8. Sora

9. Sir Daniel Fortesque (check)

10. Lara Croft

11. Rayman

12. Nariko (check)

13. Raiden (check)

14. Tidus/Cloud

15. Ico/Wander

16. Leo Stenbuck

17. Spike (check)

18. Agent 47

19. Chimera Hybrid/Nathan Hale

After a slightly disappointing TGS I was beginning to wonder if I really wanted this game.  But then I realized that almost half of my original "wanted list" is in the game and 3 or 4 more of them have a high possiblity of making it into the final product.  What do you guys think?  Do you have enough of your favorite iconic characters to fork out 60 bucks for this game yet?

Message 1 of 29 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Are there enough iconic characters yet?

Sep 22, 2012

Its not that iconic characters are being represented(we have enough already) is that the characters that get more attention are the characters that they least expect. Forgotten characters to be precise. As the characters that i want to be there are characters that most of this forum don't even know about.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 2 of 29 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Sep 22, 2012

short answer = no

Message 3 of 29 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 22, 2012

to be honest yes I found most of my favorite Sony characters in the game, Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, Cole, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Sir Daniel Fortesque in this game, I mean sure their are alot more characters I'd like in this game,but I didn't expect to like some characters in other fighting games I played and they turned into my favorite characters. What I'm trying to say is don't mock some of the characters that get in over your favorites until you try them, or I'm trying to say is focus on what you like over your dislikes. What ever you want to take away from this post I don't even know what I'm trying say.

Playstation sig
Message 4 of 29 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I'd even be totally fine with surprise characters I didn't know I wanted.  Big Daddy for example; I love Bioshock but thought that it would be too far of a stretch to get those kinds of 3rd party characters.  I'm excited to try him out in the final product

Message 5 of 29 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 23, 2012
to tell you the truth, no, i havent gotten a lot of the characters I wanted. Aside from Jak and daxter and raiden, I still want Dart, crash, and a square enix character. Thats not to say they have not yet to be revealed.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 6 of 29 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Its a very good game, their are good characters in this game already. Id buy it how it is now but anything from now is a definite plus.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 29 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 23, 2012
To be honest yes for me...when ssb came out and over the years I thought about characters Sony would use...almost all of em I thought of made it in and some of my most favorite to...I'm overly excited to play big daddy aswell ...I think superbot did a fantastic job
Message 8 of 29 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Sep 23, 2012

WarWithSociety wrote:

Its a very good game, their are good characters in this game already. Id buy it how it is now but anything from now is a definite plus.

I agree.  If the game were released today with only these 20 characters I would probably still buy it just to play as Ratchet, Sackboy, Cole, and others.  Crash and Cloud would just make it that much better.

Message 9 of 29 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Sep 23, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

WarWithSociety wrote:

I agree.  If the game were released today with only these 20 characters I would probably still buy it just to play as Ratchet, Sackboy, Cole, and others.  Crash and Cloud would just make it that much better.

agreed. More characters will come people just have to be patient. Everytime something happens people dont like, **bleep** hits the fan. Everyone needs to just calm down stop stressing over nothing...

Photobucket
Message 10 of 29 (420 Views)