Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Re: Appropriate 20 Character Roster

Oct 7, 2012

Unfortunatley, every thread mentions something about character roster.

Message 21 of 32 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 7, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:
what is it with you and your lightning fetish Nocturnal
i know you get a hard on when you think of her but you dont have to mention her in every thread you go in

I could say the same about Cloud posts. Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 32 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Havinh both Coles in one spot is the same as having both Coles. They still require separate models and animations so you would still be doing the exact same amount of work if not more because you have to find a way to make him a stance change or program him as a separate costume and make sure there aren't any bugs and confusion when selecting him (which is bound to increase more than if he was just a separate character)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 23 of 32 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Oct 7, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:
what is it with you and your lightning fetish Nocturnal
i know you get a hard on when you think of her but you dont have to mention her in every thread you go in

^This.

Squall is my favorite FF character, but you don't see me postin' him in a character roster thread everytime

Message 24 of 32 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

C'mon Lara Croft has to be in, and I tried to stay by the rule "One character for one franchise".

I know what you mean, but I strongly disagree with Lara since she would be the same as Nathan Drake.  I like how you stuck to the "On character per-frachise rule."  But, there's a time when that rule needs to be broken to avoid clone characters and bring a female character more unique.

She could have a moveset based on unarmed fighting or use of ropes or something like that. She's just too important in my opinion. I don't really know much about Final Fantasy, I just know how much Cloud is important to the fanbase, so he gets the spot. I don't know anything about Lightning though.

As for Ada Wong, I don't really get that. She doesn't represent well Resident Evil. If you meant that the game needed at least another female (true), then go with Jill.

Message 25 of 32 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 7, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

C'mon Lara Croft has to be in, and I tried to stay by the rule "One character for one franchise".

I know what you mean, but I strongly disagree with Lara since she would be the same as Nathan Drake.  I like how you stuck to the "On character per-frachise rule."  But, there's a time when that rule needs to be broken to avoid clone characters and bring a female character more unique.

She could have a moveset based on unarmed fighting or use of ropes or something like that. She's just too important in my opinion. I don't really know much about Final Fantasy, I just know how much Cloud is important to the fanbase, so he gets the spot. I don't know anything about Lightning though.

As for Ada Wong, I don't really get that. She doesn't represent well Resident Evil. If you meant that the game needed at least another female (true), then go with Jill.

Most FF fans don't like anything without a 7 at the end of it though.  As for Ada Wong I think she repesents the RE Universe perfectly as oposed to any other character.  Also, Jill is far too generic compared to Ada.

Message 26 of 32 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 7, 2012
cmon no wander? wheres the team ico love anymore haha.
Message 27 of 32 (82 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Oct 7, 2012
UGGH, where is Raiden, like more Raiden then Snake, Snake it's already on SSBB. Why would be this be better for SB, Community and the IP holder? Making Raiden more famous will result in the end better than snake in the future. Big Daddy>Jin,Wander in my opinion. I would do the same if i was Superbot, i think AC and BIOSHOCK are the only 2 real 3rd parties who SHOULD be in the game just because of mass marketing fans.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 28 of 32 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Glidethefirst wrote:
cmon no wander? wheres the team ico love anymore haha.

I was uncertain about him or a Resident Evil rep, in fact. A complete roster would be around 25 if you ask me, and after the characters I already said there would be Wander (in fact), Tomba, Abe, Rayman (not sure about him though, he would be better on Smash Bros. as he'll probably be in the next installment), and Yorda, or Kat.

Message 29 of 32 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Revenger-cm wrote:
UGGH, where is Raiden, like more Raiden then Snake, Snake it's already on SSBB. Why would be this be better for SB, Community and the IP holder? Making Raiden more famous will result in the end better than snake in the future. Big Daddy>Jin,Wander in my opinion. I would do the same if i was Superbot, i think AC and BIOSHOCK are the only 2 real 3rd parties who SHOULD be in the game just because of mass marketing fans.

you do realize how stupid you sound AC and Bioshock are barely important to playstation at all there are so much better third parties to choose just because you prefer this generation doesnt mean everyone else feels the same

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 30 of 32 (47 Views)