Jun 13 2012
By: Scthye Hekseville Citizen 274 posts

Anyone think this game will turn out bad or just average?

22 replies 88 views Edited Jun 13, 2012

After looking at the coverage there is on this game, I see that this game will end up getting 3/5 or 5/10 which ever grading systems. I don't think their fighting system of finishers being the only way to get points will be liked by many. The maps will either be bland and boring or no one will like how every map can attack you. The full roster they put out I think many fans may be disapointed in; also I think they will purposley put out so few characters so they can sell out alot of DLC. The story if there is any will be bad or not make sense. I believe the best way to go about this they should do is something with a life bar or build up system for fighting, maps that have more to them or atleast maybe size also non-active stages, listen to what characters the fans would like to see and actually make sense in a fighting game, and if there's a story actually put thought into everything about it and what would make it look good. Lastly don't forget the Playstation one characters, the classics that everyone wants to see.

Message 1 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Anyone think this game will turn out bad or just average?

Jun 13, 2012

Concerning the fighting system, yes I will admit quite a few people have had doubts about it but so far critics are actually praising it and saying Playstation All stars is turning out to be a fun game.

As for character roster and stuff well best you stay optimistic, you gotta remember that Superbot are doing all they can in order make sure this game appeals to fans. If you watch interviews on the internet on the game, you will find out that they are putting a lot of work into this game, I mean even all the characters are all getting their own individual stories.

I dont know about you but thats true dedication to the fans that I havent seen a quite a while.

Message 2 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 13, 2012

All the press has been the same, The ppl say its fun but those who haven't played it have severe doubts.

Just stay calm, It will be a good game, All the critics love it but those who hadn't tried this new way or play are scared at the premise of it.

It will be good, Ease your mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 3 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jun 13, 2012

If all the characters have their own story then the stories will either be short or repetitive like most fighting games, I mean it's a good thing to have but it has been done before. And I have been watching interviews and it's just like other interviews, of course the developers want to show the fans they care so they will buy their product it's just business. For the gameplay I guess I'll just have to try it out. The character roster as you are saying should appeal to the fans don't you think that would be listening to what the fans want, maybe making a pole for who would they want. Imagine if they didn't add Crash who all playstation fans want that would be the biggest upset.

Message 4 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 13, 2012

They are reading about what we want, And dude if you are gonna rip on it and say "probly just some short repetitive storymode" Then you are just hating on a game thats WAAAAYYY to far away to be judged. It actually sounds like they were passionate about the storymode and wanted fans to be pleased by it.

The guy who made bioshock or was the director of it wrote the story for the big daddy himself as a way to really add a piece of bioshock to the game that was more then just a playable character.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 5 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I'm not ripping I'm just concerned because of the high hopes and expectations. Also I'm just being realistic I've seen games that have this problem.

I personally am looking forward to this game, but there are concerns I think that will effect the game.

Message 6 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Its being made by a very famous gaming company known for fighters and I'm content knowing the game is in there hands.

Message 7 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 13, 2012

There is a lot of care going into this game, if you take the time and watch some of the videos you would know that you can turn off the stage interaction. The stages are anything but boring, theres stuff going on everywhere. I can agree with you on the win mechanic but I think it will be fine. As Ginwolf said the people making this game are professionals and will do a great job.

Message 8 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Ive played just about every fighting game available from old arcade Street Fighter, DragonBallZ on GBA and Mortal Kombat all the way up to Soul Caliber on xbox, SSBB and Street Fighter on PS but this concept of finishers only really astounds me. From my perspective the re-playability, as it stands is quite low IN MY OPINION. In fighting games people like to combo in various ways and kill people with their entire arsenal of moves however PASBR is limiting people to 3 KOs.

Again, IN MY OPINION, I dont see how this could work competitively given that AP Meter doesnt reset if you die and there is generally no reason combo at all. Hit with your fastest move, generate AP, kill. This game is trying to be Mortal Kombat and SSB whilst simulatenously trying not to be. The explanation: SSB because of the obvious game design, the moveset system and the item system. Mortal Kombat because the Super system is obviously a FATALITY system whereby you need to aim the super. The PROBLEM with this AP system is that you arent actually whittling down your opponent but building a meter. Many fighting game veterans are going to dislike this unnatural fighting system given that situational awareness and positioning isnt as detrimental as it is in Street Fighter (at low health) or SSB (at high percentages).

Ive seen all the available characters level 3 supers. Your opponents are basically dead the moment it happens. No strategy to level 3 supers at all, hit button and kill.

Nevertheless, I will be buying this game. They may have changed something or it may work and all my skepticism could be wrong.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 9 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 13, 2012

I wish ppl would have the same faith in this game as I do, I think once they get more educated on it they will.

Message 10 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes