Nov 23 2012
By: Heisenberg_35_56 Hekseville Citizen 342 posts

Anyone play the DMC demo

6 replies 110 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Has anyone taken a break from PSAS to download the DMC demo and see why Superbot was at least willing to settle for the New Dante. I had a blast with the demo and thought it was absolutely great. I'm getting the game today and was wondering if Dante plays similar to his character in the game. I was planning on maining Jak (I'm getting the game today) but I might use Dante some if he feels as tight as he does in the demo. Ninja Theory did a great job with it and it is worth giving them a chance

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 1 of 7 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: Anyone play the DMC demo

Nov 23, 2012
as a normal hack and slash uits an okay game nothing fantastic, not crap, but as a Devil May Cry game, its a total failure, its easy as heck, the guns hardly do damage, im on son of sparda mode and im just killing enemies like its nothing, you clearly notice the difference between a 60fps DMC game and this 30fps game its just a huge downgrade, it doesnt feel fluid at all, the only improivement i can see is the platforming and thats it.
ScreamKing09
Message 2 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 23, 2012

PrinceofEdenia wrote:
as a normal hack and slash uits an okay game nothing fantastic, not crap, but as a Devil May Cry game, its a total failure, its easy as heck, the guns hardly do damage, im on son of sparda mode and im just killing enemies like its nothing, you clearly notice the difference between a 60fps DMC game and this 30fps game its just a huge downgrade, it doesnt feel fluid at all, the only improivement i can see is the platforming and thats it.

I guess as never playing a DMC game or any real hack and slash for that matter we might have different comparisons. I was expecting it to be a lot harder though

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 3 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 23, 2012

PrinceofEdenia wrote:
Fanboy bias ^^^
You had this impression of the game before you even picked up the controller. The FPS of a game doesn't determine the quality of a game (look at all the great PSX and N64 games that had horrible frame rates).
Message 4 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

Nov 23, 2012

barker09 wrote:

PrinceofEdenia wrote:
Fanboy bias ^^^
You had this impression of the game before you even picked up the controller. The FPS of a game doesn't determine the quality of a game (look at all the great PSX and N64 games that had horrible frame rates).

how is it fanboy biased, when im stating facts, ive played every DMC game and this demo over multiple times, i should not be button mashing in a DMC game on the hardest difficulty and winning,  i can go all day about how this demo proved my point., and if im a fanboy of anything its going to be of the prince of persia, sly, and crash, and even then im not biased i let people state their opinions and im cool with it.

ScreamKing09
Message 5 of 7 (73 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Nov 23, 2012
and news dlash 30fps is clearly different from 60fps, you can feel the difference or at least me and a lot of people that have played every DMC can, its like is a sonic game still a sonic game at the core gameplay if hes going slow as a turtle, NO its not, certain franchises have standards thatt define them
ScreamKing09
Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I played it, it was really enjoyable, the story seems interesting.  I actually plan on buying it Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7 (55 Views)
0 Likes