Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Re: Anyone interested in more then 1 character from an IP?

Jul 18, 2012

I'm fairly confident Nefarious will be in it. He didn't make an appearance in the Metropolis stage and he's arguably the best reaccuring antagonist Sony has. I don't get why we should limit each game to 1, as long as the character is great and it doesn't drastically change the ammount of games represented in the final product. Other than Nefarious I'd be fine with Zeus from God of War, Carmilita Fox from Sly Cooper, Quark from Ratchet and Clank (though he's not in it), Riku and Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Cloud and Sephiroth from FFVII and maybe The Prince and The King of All Cosmos from Katamari (though two representatives from such an obscure series would be weird).

Message 11 of 23 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

I'm fairly confident Nefarious will be in it. He didn't make an appearance in the Metropolis stage and he's arguably the best reaccuring antagonist Sony has. I don't get why we should limit each game to 1, as long as the character is great and it doesn't drastically change the ammount of games represented in the final product. Other than Nefarious I'd be fine with Zeus from God of War, Carmilita Fox from Sly Cooper, Quark from Ratchet and Clank (though he's not in it), Riku and Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Cloud and Sephiroth from FFVII and maybe The Prince and The King of All Cosmos from Katamari (though two representatives from such an obscure series would be weird).

since katamari damacy is such an obscure series (but i love every second of it haha), if its represented it'd probably be the king.  he just has more potential for a moveset.  I love all the people that think he should be in Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 23 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Its actually Something I really like what Superbot is doing.. 1 rep from each series.. i think there are enough series that need "their Guy" in the game to let another God of War or Uncharted Rep.. i think the game is better getting all different series, because each character is very unique. I perfer them to have 1 rep per series, thats something i could not stand in Smash Bros.. 4 pokemon Characters I freaking hate.. or how about 3 slightly different clones of Fox.. do you want that?!  Clone characters and repeting series characters overall hurt the game IMO.. i would have liked it a lot more if they had Little Mac or Ray 01 or Mike Jones or Prince Sable someone who has there own series and uniqueness.. I like having different series.. just too many good PS exclusive series to have extra series reps.. thats what i would rather see.. Like Someone like Toomba get in over say Zeus from God of War or Sully from Uncharted or even Unjammer Lammy from the Paprappa Series.. I think the More IP's the better IMO

Message 13 of 23 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Another thing is that with Smash Bros they had multiple from one series, but they chose very similar characters. Fox, Falco an Wolf all played exactly the same, and Mario and Luigi (while more different than in Melee) were quite similar. If they had more of a Kirby, Metaknight, DeeDeeDee situation (where all are completely different), I'd say bring in as many as you'd like from one IP. As long as the characters from the same IP are conceptually different I'm fine. I can't see Ratchet and Clank playing similar to Nefarious. Or Kratos playing similar to Zeus. It's all about variation in play style, and if they bring it, IP's should hold no barring on character selection.

Message 14 of 23 (90 Views)
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Jul 18, 2012
No, not now when PS All Stars 2 comes out that's when we should get multiple characters from a series. Like Quark and Murrey,
Message 15 of 23 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jul 18, 2012
I wouldn't mind two in a second game
Message 16 of 23 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jul 19, 2012
This. Very good point.
Message 17 of 23 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Jul 19, 2012

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing both Snake and Raiden.

Snake because he's too iconic to leave out if you're going to use the Metal Gear IP, and Raiden because he would bring a really nice and unique playstyle to All-Stars with his lightning fast sword attacks. Plus it would get people excited for Revengeance.

Message 18 of 23 (73 Views)
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Raiden would be awesome to have in this game also
Sephiroth, Cloud, Sora, Crash, Spyro, Old Dante need to be in this game
Message 19 of 23 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Dr. Nefarious and Ratchet and Clank
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 20 of 23 (61 Views)
0 Likes