Sep 25 2012
By: krusher10 Uncharted Territory 1609 posts

Anyone else think kratos is OP?

13 replies 529 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

I think kratos is op because he has a move for everything and i could never touch him once with parappa. Of course most of you will say that its because of my skill in this game that is the reason for this but i really think they need to nerf him and that lvl 3 super as well. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 14 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: Anyone else think kratos is OP?

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

I think his air combo AP gain needs some tweaking.

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 2 of 14 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 25, 2012

honestly disagree I think he is actually balanced and yes it may have to due with your skill and his lvl 3 isn't that harcd to avoid if you know what you are doing albeit it is difficult

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 3 of 14 (521 Views)
Wastelander
862 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I don't Have the beta, but I can tell that parapas game is all about extremes. You need to be extremely close to attack or be extremely far and use the ap boom box ... its when your at mid range things can get rough (and kratos is all mid range) ... your going to have to try and roll in close or far away .... I would probably try and get close since he would probably be coming at you.
Message 4 of 14 (502 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Sep 25, 2012

His attacks seem fine to me, but I think it's really his AP-gaining abilities that need nerfing.  I find it easier to get to my Level 3 with Kratos than any other character, and I notice Kratos' Level 3 is almost always used at least once when other players use him.

Message 5 of 14 (496 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Kratos is fine. Fighting against 3 Kratos' though is like trying to fight 3 helicopters, very annoying. 

Message 6 of 14 (479 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Can someone tell me how to get away kratos lvl 3 lol. When I see someone use sweet tooth lvl 3 I try to sneak under him and I jump when he tries to stomp me. It works quite well but with kratos u can't do **bleep**. Kratos goes
on a rampage with that sword. I feel like a little girl up against a big black dude u can't do anything. I try rolling but that won't last long when he's on top of u. Hiding on the other side of the arena is not an option he will just shoot me LOL. To sum it all up kratos is an absolute beast with his lvl 3
Message 7 of 14 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

Kratos OP?? WOW it was always rarre to see a kratos win. **bleep**The guy is no where near OP. His level 3 is pretty tough but beat him down and prevent it, simple

Message 8 of 14 (453 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Kratos isn't op. All of the chracters have a counter for another
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 9 of 14 (446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
Can someone tell me how to get away kratos lvl 3 lol. When I see someone use sweet tooth lvl 3 I try to sneak under him and I jump when he tries to stomp me. It works quite well but with kratos u can't do **bleep**. Kratos goes
on a rampage with that sword. I feel like a little girl up against a big black dude u can't do anything. I try rolling but that won't last long when he's on top of u. Hiding on the other side of the arena is not an option he will just shoot me LOL. To sum it all up kratos is an absolute beast with his lvl 3

If you're close to him, roll on the opposite direction you think he will go and start doing his slashes. You will end up evading his first slash and land behind him. You can then either do the same or just roll away, depending on what you think he will do. This will also work against his sword stomp. Do not try to evade by jumping towards him, if you're not sufficiently close to him you will just get killed. If you try and evade by moving away from where he is, keep in mind that his sword stomp has a really good speed and attack range.

To evade his energy bolt, jump a brief moment after he releases the bolt. You can also hide behind platforms like in Hades. When you see him coming towards you after he couldn't kill you with the bolts, immediately roll away and you will be safe from his slashes and sword stomp.

Also, if he kills everyone, when you respawn, don't cluster again. Spread out so he can't get easy kills again.

Message 10 of 14 (433 Views)
0 Likes