Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Anyone else think Abe will make it in...?

Dec 15, 2012

Abe is a 50/50 for me. I love the character and grew up to the game. However his play style is very manipulative and out of sight. He never gets into the heat of combat he always get's cyclops Squidward (sligs) to do it for him, so I'm not sure how they would add him in. It would be cool though.

Message 11 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 15, 2012
I've heard quite a bit about Abe fans wanting him in the game... Can someone please describe what he could do in All-Stars? I'm open to his inclusion if he's possible and has a good potential for movesets, or is significant to PS.
Message 12 of 16 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 15, 2012

He's significant to playstation in terms of he was there and popular when playstation first started. There seems to be a huge lacking in memorable PS1 characters in this game and people seem to focus more on PS2 characters.

As for the move-sets. He has possession abilitiies which could allow him to switch himself out with creatures he has controlled throughout the game, like Sligs for example. or use them in the same way Fat Princess does. He can even ride Elum for his lvl 2 super. I forget a lot of the game, the body count was high in that game I could tell you. But what he could really bring is an interesting map design as abe's oddysee is a side scroller.

Message 13 of 16 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Dec 15, 2012
He's really cool and all... Omar really likes him... but no. He doesn't come to mind when I think of playstation. That's just me.
Message 14 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 15, 2012

1.  yes, i think he has a good chance

2.  no, i personally don't care for him

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 16 (63 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Dec 15, 2012
I think he would be great in allstars. Both parappa and fat princess arent heavily focused combat games i believe, and theyre in the game, why cant abe. I beat strangers wrath HD and ive half finished a playthrough of the first one on psn, and watched wakthroughs of it. Im most looking forward to his taunts, theyll be hilarious, and in this HD remake hes actually got a full voice rather than 'Hello. Follow me'. lvl 3 would have to be that monstrous incarnation that he turns into in the first game. that was beast. I want him in. And both Oddworld and JAW want him in XD
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 16 of 16 (54 Views)
0 Likes