Dec 15 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Anyone else think Abe will make it in...?

15 replies 265 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure he will. 
They said the creators of his game want him in, and he's very-requested by fans.

I just don't see what's so cool about him. Maybe I should try one of his games? What are they like?

Also, to me, it feels like a big daddy scenerio... Like he wouldn't really fit as he falls more towards the Xbox/Microsoft catagory to me.

What do you all think?

1) Do you think he'll make it in?

2) Do you want him in...? 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 16 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Anyone else think Abe will make it in...?

Dec 15, 2012

No, Abe's a dead concept to begin with and EA has better characters.

Message 2 of 16 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Omar Kendell said Abe is his favorite video game character of all time. I'd say Abe has a very high chance as DLC.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 3 of 16 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I agree. 

On another note, are you alright? You sem upset today

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 4 of 16 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 15, 2012
I'd love to have him in! And I have slight feeling he'll make it...

But seeing as Abe has only been in one xbox oddworld, and only as a supporting role, I don't agree with you with the whole "big daddy scenario" 333.

But hey, thats just how I feel.
Message 5 of 16 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I agree. 

On another note, are you alright? You sem upset today

Just extremely tired.

Message 6 of 16 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Dec 15, 2012

seganintendoubi wrote:
Omar Kendell said Abe is his favorite video game character of all time. I'd say Abe has a very high chance as DLC.

Uh uh, so is gravity rush and heavenly sword.  This man can only have so many favorite games of all time that fans say he has. 

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 7 of 16 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Dec 15, 2012
^The point being that it's still likely that Abe will be in as DLC.
Message 8 of 16 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Nope. I didn't play much oddworld but, I'm pretty sure his game consisted of him just running around, and not actually doing much of anything.

Also he's been dead for a long **bleep** time. At most I'd see the Stranger (I think he was called) but Abe? Nah.

Message 9 of 16 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

lso, to me, it feels like a big daddy scenerio... Like he wouldn't really fit as he falls more towards the Xbox/Microsoft catagory to me.

I can't believe it...!

Thirty3Three wrote:

I just don't see what's so cool about him. Maybe I should try one of his games? What are they like?

So you didn't play his games & said he fits in a category of a series you've never played? You have to research.

Oddworld 1 & 2 is on PS1 & known being on PS1. How... how... would he fit in the Xbox/Microsoft when he first started on Playstation unlike Big Daddy who started on Xbox.

Yeah, there was also two Oddworld xbox games. One of them got an HD Port on 2011 on PS3 & the other will receive one as well (unknown date) with both of them not receiving an HD Port on xbox. There is also an HD Remake of Oddworld being on PS3 & 360, but the classics remain on PS1 & PSN (Ports).

It's likely why the creators wanted him in because of what he did on Playstation back then & he's more of Playstation than he is on Xbox so it wouldn't be a Big Daddy scenerio where the creators wanted him in (or that category like you wrote) + that Bioshock Vita game.

The franchise & rep are acceptable, just not to ones who doesn't understand the history of why people want him.

Though the most of them will be ones who want the most requested 3rd Parties than Abe.

SiftRock wrote:

Also he's been dead for a long **bleep** time. At most I'd see the Stranger (I think he was called) but Abe? Nah.

And this is why "Research" is needed for others as well.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty

I don't think 2013 is considered dead. He is getting his old game as an HD Remake (not an HD Port, but a remake), and there are future plans for the Oddworld series from shelfed games being revived.

Also, people requests Abe more than Stranger (first time I heard this request) for Oddworld. Just because Stranger was the latest (not anymore due to the HD Remake), that doesn't mean he should rep & because you never gave reasons than Abe.

I'm sure people wouldn't want a character (Stranger) whose only been in one game than a character (Abe) who appeared in more.

The future awaits of DLC, either him getting in or not. Who knows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 10 of 16 (161 Views)
0 Likes