Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: Anyone else notice alot more Nariko spammers lately?

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I never really noticed it before, but now I see it every other Ranked match I play. There are people who will only use Nariko's "ultimate frisbee" (as I like to call it) over and over until they hit their Lv 3. It's not even like Radec's Forward + Triangle that's a situational spam, it's to the point where it's practically pre-nerf Sackboy spamming. Has anyone else noticed this?

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm glad someone else noticed. And I agree that because it's very subtle compared to a giant red line that goes across the entire screen or cupcakes that are left everywhere people don't think it's a big deal, but it is. Virtually every 999 Nariko player I have played in FFA takes advantage of spamming her frisbee move.

pb_mal wrote:
Its crazy, Dante is the only character who can't spam successfully

I could not have said this any better. I main as Dante, and during a FFA match where my win was essentially guaranteed (I'm able to consistently get level 1s from one combo and use them off a stagger - in this match it showed) with 30 seconds left a 999 Nariko decided to play the trolling game and frisbeed the other players from afar. Literally in a span of 10-15 seconds while I was comboing another guy in the air he got a level 3 and stole the game from me by just two kills. That nice little cushion of a move explains the 200bp black belt.  Wish I had a move that fought spam with spam and gave me rediculous AP gains. But instead you're only being counter-productive trying to spam with Dante.

Excalibur0123 wrote: 
Yeah, I have been noticing a lot more Nariko's lately. As a Nariko player from Day 1 I hope this doesn't give us Nariko players who aren't spammers a bad name.

You're a little too late for that one, buddy.

ProvesaDark wrote:

I mained Nariko since launch and I don't see how anything can give her a bad name. I know how to use her. How would someone compare it to Sackboy or Radek when the AP gain from it is no where near theirs.

She may get half the AP for it but she can get her move off consecutively faster than both of theirs combined. In fact, because it's so absurdly fast it counts as a combo, therefore her AP gain multiples with every frisbee she spams. I hate to break it to you, but when spammed your beloved character's frisbee changes the game.....for the worse.

Message 11 of 27 (230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

It changes the game for those who sit there and lets her do so. Radek can be stopped and Nariko can be stopped from doing such things, so why make a fuss about it. Sackboy had a mini fort blocking everyone's path.

Message 12 of 27 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 30, 2012
All projecticles = spam. Good to know. Lol.
Message 13 of 27 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Spam is just using projectiles over and over.

Or it's a really nasty canned food that never goes old.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 14 of 27 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Whenever I see Nariko spamming it's usually down circle which makes things easy for me because I use Jak and he has quite a few good projectiles to use and even then just move out of the way when you think they're going to do it again, they do it so often it should be predictable, but is the up circle really that bad? I'd think it'd be easy to jump over or doge roll past, yeah you can aim where it goes but spammers don't think when they spam so it shouldn't be too hard to predict it.

Message 15 of 27 (175 Views)
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I main Nariko. Have been using her mostly since launch....figured it would be only a matter of time before folks on here started whining about her too. And to be honest, I do make use of her Shield Toss as well, because the move is a good setup for starting combos with down and square, Air down and circle, and both versions of her chain grab.

And you know what, It also serves as a good setup for Twing Twang and the 1st hit of Dawn Siege. Standalone, both of her lvl 1 and 2 supers are easy to avoid.

I don't plan to stop utilizing this move, and I don't care if there folks out there that like to cry 'nerf/OP'd/spammer....' Nor Nariko for that matter.
Message 16 of 27 (166 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 30, 2012

GEMINIVice wrote:
I main Nariko. Have been using her mostly since launch....figured it would be only a matter of time before folks on here started whining about her too. And to be honest, I do make use of her Shield Toss as well, because the move is a good setup for starting combos with down and square, Air down and circle, and both versions of her chain grab.

And you know what, It also serves as a good setup for Twing Twang and the 1st hit of Dawn Siege. Standalone, both of her lvl 1 and 2 supers are easy to avoid.

I don't plan to stop utilizing this move, and I don't care if there folks out there that like to cry 'nerf/OP'd/spammer....' Nor Nariko for that matter.

Are you saying that you constantly use her shield toss or you use it to set up? Because people are complaining about constantly using it without any intentions of seting up.

Message 17 of 27 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 30, 2012
@King Cobra

I like to think I use it for mostly setting up combos and supers. When I 'spam' it , like most of you like to call it, I'm either trying to zone, create an approach, or disrupt someone in 2v2.

Non Nariko players wouldn't understand that though.....looking at some of the posts in this thread.
Message 18 of 27 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 31, 2012
@pb_mal C'mon man! We play enough that you should be able to counter some disk spammer easily.

I use the disk more often than not for a variety of reasons. If you consider it spam then so be it. The disk is a good keep away tool. You can combo into lvl1, or AP Burst, and you can put someone in block stun for a throw. It also builds decent meter. 5 or so disks and you have a lvl1. Now disking to lvl3 is stupid. After lvl1 the AP gain from disks takes FOREVER! Like 2+ minutes long. If you can't stop Nariko in that time frame then it's your loss.
Message 19 of 27 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
No, I beat them. They weren't doing any square attacks, just building ap with the shield. When a player isnt good and just does whatever to win it becomes unacceptable. The funny thing is this person used it over gazillion times and couldn't take a like because I ended the match fast, after I beat him twice with his nariko, I booted him because he did the same with jak's over triangle ( who I beat)

Anyways, i have new main I would like try out in 1v1 sometime rodbow. Hit me up whenever you are available.
Message 20 of 27 (96 Views)
0 Likes