Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Anyone Hoping Crash and Spyro Get Bought Out By Sony Soon?

Dec 3, 2012
'Like a sequel won't be better as the first.'

That is very debatable.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 46 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2407 posts

Dec 3, 2012
If naughty dog kept making crash or Jak games I think they'd start to slip.. I mean uncharted 3 was a definite downgrade to uncharted 2 imo. Unless you're talking about multiplayer. Most games tend to get rushed/less quality sequels after awhile. Maybe its a good thing when they stop at a good number like 3. that's just my opinion though.
Message 32 of 46 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Dec 3, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
'Like a sequel won't be better as the first.'

That is very debatable.

That's why I said for most people. Some are going to think Naughty Dog are getting better with their stuff, while for the others think they keep getting worse or "not as better as the last" in their games. I think Naughty Dog will keep having its good plans in games while deep down for some others, they won't think it'll be better than they were before.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 33 of 46 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Uncharted started as Jak4...

this is me helping
Message 34 of 46 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Dec 3, 2012

^No, that was the last of us and honestly I'm not sure if I'll be getting that game. When I used to think of Naughty Dog, I used to think of Crash Bandicoot. Mario, Sonic and Crash were all top three trio favorites of mine. Now it is down to two, Mario and Sonic still get new games while Crash is dead in video games grave yard.

Message 35 of 46 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I'm all for devs branching out. But something ND has always been able to do is keep the Crash footprint in their games. UC is a platformer first. And that's why I'll be purchasing Last of Us on day 1.

this is me helping
Message 36 of 46 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Uncharted & The Last of Us are downgrades ?

From Crash or even J&D? Absolutely imo.

lolwat?  hahahahaha

They're a different direction, yes.  But absolutely not downgrades

Message 37 of 46 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Just to straighten this out - the reason Uncharted 3 seems like more of a rehash of 2 is because ND split into two teams, with some of the key team members in charge of the development of the first two Uncharted games moving on to develop The Last of Us, whereas the other half began work on U3. With forced deadlines and a lot of overtime work - even the ND team in charge of the game admitted it was a nightmare experience considering how they set out to be perfectionists rather then simply delivering more of the same. It's unfortunate that the game couldn't exactly break new grounds the way the second did (which was to be expected), but I still think U3 turned out to be an absolute gem of an experience that I recommend to all gamers. The set pieces were among the best (if not THE best) in games, my personal favourite being the chasing Talbot sequence.

The Last of Us seems to be getting more attention from ND, which is why I have high hopes for the game. It may very well be my most anticipated game of 2013 (Bioshock Infinite follows closely behind).
Message 38 of 46 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 3, 2012
DmC is high on my want roster, GoW too, and Revengeance is up there... 1st time I've ever wanted Lara Croft in my bedroom (it's where I play games), and also Bioshock is the first ever console fps that's shivered me timbers (because of move functionality in infinity, and I've heard soooo much good about the franchise. Honestly, The Last of Us has lost its appeal to me, because ND has shelled out such great quality content consitently, there's not much wow factor here. But I'll still buy it.

this is me helping
Message 39 of 46 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I think the secrecy of the game is what will give it the wow factor. It's like Uncharted 2 - I went in only having seen the E3 footage, and my mind was blown every few minutes when a new cinematic popped up. This game looks to be a change in direction in terms of a more deeper story & less 'guns blazing' gameplay.
Message 40 of 46 (44 Views)
0 Likes