I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: Anybody that has played as Drake

Sep 20, 2012
Use a sniper like radec and a shotgun like sweet tooth... I see what u mean but superbot wants the characters to be different from one another
Message 11 of 25 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Really? I thought his supers looked great
Message 12 of 25 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Yeah, I like both his moveset and supers and how they pull from other aspects of the series rather than just his guns.  It makes sense because while, yes, Uncharted does largely include gunplay, the real spirit of the series lies in the adventuring, climbing, ziplining, and making use of whatever is lying around to survive (in this case, barrels!).

Message 13 of 25 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Nathan is just a regular guy so there's not much they can do, but I see what you are saying. I like how they took his weird jumping animation straight from uncharted though!

Message 14 of 25 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I've played as Drake, at E3, he was the frist guy I picked and won my match. The L2 is harsher than it looks, slow maybe, but so much as touch it and you die (all based off how it was at E3), and I threw his L1 into a Parappa L2 commin' right at me, that was satisfying, never gotto my L3 though, since I used a 2 and a 1, Smiley Sad

His basic moves felt great to me too, yeah he kicks a barrel, but dang, that barrel sure came in handy, lol, I'm sure you'll enjoy him Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 25 (164 Views)
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I've played as Drake, at E3, he was the frist guy I picked and won my match. The L2 is harsher than it looks, slow maybe, but so much as touch it and you die (all based off how it was at E3), and I threw his L1 into a Parappa L2 commin' right at me, that was satisfying, never gotto my L3 though, since I used a 2 and a 1, Smiley Sad

His basic moves felt great to me too, yeah he kicks a barrel, but dang, that barrel sure came in handy, lol, I'm sure you'll enjoy him Smiley Happy

Thanks! So basically, you're saying his supers and movesets are good!?

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 16 of 25 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

redsoxdsp46 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

Thanks! So basically, you're saying his supers and movesets are good!?

I'm saying he 'feels' good, I swear this game did a great job of having all the characters still feel like themselves. How they 'appear' you can decide from the videos Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 25 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:
I'm saying he 'feels' good, I swear this game did a great job of having all the characters still feel like themselves. How they 'appear' you can decide from the videos Smiley Happy

hffdvb

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 18 of 25 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I played as Drake at Fan Expo (EVO build) and I gotta say, yes it is harder to net multiple kills with him but he builds AP moderately fast.

His level 1 is an easy kill against incoming melee opponents and if timed correctly will get you multiple kills from crowds while you sneak behind them. Ranged opponents can stop you from blowing the gas tank up though.

His level 2 is really good in small, closed stages like Dojo and Hades because opponents can only escape if they time their double jump correctly (while it is falling). It is easy to net 2 kills in that scenario. This super is also great in stopping timed supers like Fat Princess' chicken and PaRappa's skateboard.

His level 3 is very good and can get 5+ kills once you get the hang of it. Initially, I had trouble aiming the pistol shots so I got only 4 kills. On my next play session, I got 6 kills cuz I learned how to aim the shots. The pistol shots are a bit like Kratos' energy bolt but with less range. Opponents within melee range will not be killed if you just press square, you gotta aim low (or high if you predict they will jump). Opponents at mid range are an easy kill. The trick is figuring out your opponent's directional move so you don't waste seconds trying to get a kill. Also, opponents can gain AP if they hit others.

Message 19 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Sep 21, 2012
They need to give him an overhaul, he should have a set of moves that do variable weapon based attacks depending on which weapon you're wielding, press triangle + left for pistol, and triangle + right for primary weapon..
and they should look to the medal kickbacks in U3 for inspiration for his level 2 and 3 supers
Message 20 of 25 (90 Views)
0 Likes