Wastelander
804 posts

Re: Anybody that has played as Drake

Sep 21, 2012
I played as him at Fan Expo. His super's are actually great. I got 5 kills with his level 3 and 3 kills with his level 1. That level 1 actually has a good blast radius. Never tried his level 2. Drake himself is a fun character to play as. A lot of great moves and builds AP at a good rate.
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 21 of 25 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Superbot Developer
46 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Drake's supers are all really good!

I'd say his level 1 super is one of the best in the game. It's a 2-part super that needs a second input to detonate, making it more flexible than some of the other level 1 supers.

His level 2 is one of the more unique supers in the game, and is also a relatively flexible super. Stages that have nooks and crannies that people like to fight in (like Hades) are great for this super, often netting you 2-3 kills. Since the pillar blocks stay active for quite awhile, it can be used at higher altitudes to rain down on opponents below.

His level 3 is interesting because its success can rely upon everyone else inflicted. The descendants have access to a weak melee attack while afflicted, stunning Drake during the super. If everyone decides to form a mini alliance during the super, you can possibly stun-lock Drake and keep him from getting KOs.

Clock

Message 22 of 25 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Should have used ND's sig move, "Soon(TM)" as level 3 to instantly kill all players at once. Smiley Tongue
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 23 of 25 (149 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Strider_Doom wrote:

Drake's supers are all really good!

I'd say his level 1 super is one of the best in the game. It's a 2-part super that needs a second input to detonate, making it more flexible than some of the other level 1 supers.

His level 2 is one of the more unique supers in the game, and is also a relatively flexible super. Stages that have nooks and crannies that people like to fight in (like Hades) are great for this super, often netting you 2-3 kills. Since the pillar blocks stay active for quite awhile, it can be used at higher altitudes to rain down on opponents below.

His level 3 is interesting because its success can rely upon everyone else inflicted. The descendants have access to a weak melee attack while afflicted, stunning Drake during the super. If everyone decides to form a mini alliance during the super, you can possibly stun-lock Drake and keep him from getting KOs.

Clock

That last part is interesting. When I played as Drake and used his level 3 super, my opponents just attacked whoever was nearest so it was easy getting kills. Activating the super from a distance and away from mobs should prevent this from happening though.

Message 24 of 25 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Superbot Developer
46 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Yeah, your positioning and timing when activating a level 3 super is always critical, especially in Drake's case. The last thing you want is to activate his level 3 in a crowded spot, just to have everyone start ganging up on you haha. Even with the instant-KO screen wipe level 3's like PaRappa's or Heihachi's, you want to make sure there aren't any opponents in the middle of respawning since they'll be able to avoid the level 3 for free.

Clock

Message 25 of 25 (131 Views)
0 Likes