Nov 17 2012
By: OORheza Splicer 62 posts

Anybody else bother by tombraider reboot?

5 replies 148 views Edited Nov 17, 2012

I mean I loved Tomb Raider when I was a kid and I still have the first game for my playstation. I mean I don't mind a reboot but what they lack to show is individuality. They through out the original gameplay design and replaced them with Uncharted and Horror. One thing I notice is her climbing/jumping/ai animation. When Lara jumps off a ledge and grabs the end of the object she jumps at, one hand slips her body sways and she looks down and looks back up and pulled herself up. This is an apparent series of movement used in all 3 games. Enemies are place near an edge so you can push/pull them off and they are placed next to a table so he can push it over for cover. Another form of animation and even enemy design that is apparent and used in all 3 uncharted. The menu system and the camera is near identical to Uncharted. Its not like I'm saying its a terrible game I love the bow, I love her new look, and I like how the story is being played out so far. And I would probably enjoy the game but its too Uncharted and needs to be more Tomb Raider. I feel like the game is loosing the identity it established and just wants to reaper in a new market by using a modern established Adventure game.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Anybody else bother by tombraider reboot?

Nov 17, 2012

Well with the current formula there was no way Tomb Raider could ever beat Uncharted, I do agree that taking animations is a little much.  Although the camera isn't a big deal since they're trying to make a good camera.

Message 2 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I prefer classic Lara over this Lara, I still think they should have let the series end and create a new one but whatever.

ps why is this in the PSASBR forum?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I will decide if it is good after i get it cuz I know I will eventually
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 4 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Well with the current formula there was no way Tomb Raider could ever beat Uncharted, I do agree that taking animations is a little much.  Although the camera isn't a big deal since they're trying to make a good camera.

It is a hard thing to do but they should have tried to incorporate some originality I mean I would be fine if they admitted they were inspired by Uncharted. Like SuperBot admitted they were inspired by SSB and that eased some of my feelings knowing that they had the guts to tell people that and I respect that. Well the Lara Croft team just sits their looking at Uncharted footage and analyzed them and recreated them. Then they don't even say anything hoping people won't notice the similarities, and they don't because all lot of people aren't familiar enough with Uncharted to see what I see. Even people who analyzed it doesn't say a word and I'm very confused, when Drake's fortune came out nobody was afraid to say it was a copy of Tomb Raider even if it really had no resemblence. This just bothers me...

Photobucket
Message 5 of 6 (114 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I actually like the new look...in my opinion the series looked like it needed a reboot but was it necessary? Probably not
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)
0 Likes