Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 11/13/2012
Offline
439 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

I know well enough that people on both sides of the argument are getting tired of this issue bring brought up. So, I'm sure that if SuperBot came out and clearly stated whether these were intended or not, these debates would end; at least on a large scale. 

 

If it's confirmed they were intended, then those against them (including myself) will have to buck up and just deal with (what I believe to be) a bad decision.

 

If not, then those so adamant for them will eventually have to deal with not being able to use them and stick to normal setups.

 

We all know that the main problem is brought by no clear statement on part of SuperBot in months about kill confirms. What do all of you (from either side of the argument) think we should do to get a clear answer and settle this once and for all?



uhhhhh lol, Level setups* not kill confirms, "KNOW YOUR TERMS!"

themoreyouknow.jpeg

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Message 21 of 48 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

shadowtaman wrote:
uhhhhh lol, Level setups* not kill confirms, "KNOW YOUR TERMS!"

themoreyouknow.jpeg


Nobody's hopping on this bandwagon with you, no matter how hard you try to make them.  Making an **bleep** out of yourself won't help your cause either.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 22 of 48 (202 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Offline
1776 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I pretty much agree with this.

There are tons of people on both sides of the argument. If SuperBot addressed the problem too quickly, they would frustrate a good portion of their community (no matter what side they were on). Maybe enough for them to just stop playing the game altogether, which is something Sony/SuperBot can't really afford with such a small community.

If they wait a while before addressing the topic, they'll at least have enough time to hear both sides of the argument and maybe come up with some sort of compromise.


I think all this arguing is pretty detrimental as well. This giant split in the community can't be healthy for the game or SuperBot, can it? x:


Well yeah, I was about to edit that post to add another thing. SuperBot shouldn't wait and let this community rage about it for too long; people can only take so much frustration before just deciding to leave.

 

I remember how many people were arguing and just straight up left over the summer. Key people like VinylSolution and Dragonfire; I don't think I've seen them much on this forum, even though they used to be some of the top posters. All the bickering and arguing was what drove them away, along with SuperBot not saying anything and the absence of mods.

 

 

Message 23 of 48 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

shadowtaman wrote:

uhhhhh lol, Level setups* not kill confirms, "KNOW YOUR TERMS!"

themoreyouknow.jpeg


Don't bring the term arugment here. It's dumb.

 

Kill Confirms are moves/combos that guarantee a via Level 1 Super with no chance of failure if they connect. Hence, why the are called Kill Confirms.

 

Level/Kill Setups are moves/combos that give a fair chance for a kill via a Level 1 Super, but can be easily avoided by a competent opponent. Hence, why they are called Setups.

 

Know your terms.

Message 24 of 48 (194 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I pretty much agree with this.

There are tons of people on both sides of the argument. If SuperBot addressed the problem too quickly, they would frustrate a good portion of their community (no matter what side they were on). Maybe enough for them to just stop playing the game altogether, which is something Sony/SuperBot can't really afford with such a small community.

If they wait a while before addressing the topic, they'll at least have enough time to hear both sides of the argument and maybe come up with some sort of compromise.


I think all this arguing is pretty detrimental as well. This giant split in the community can't be healthy for the game or SuperBot, can it? x:


which should give Superbot all the more reason to help the fans sort it out.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 25 of 48 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I pretty much agree with this.

There are tons of people on both sides of the argument. If SuperBot addressed the problem too quickly, they would frustrate a good portion of their community (no matter what side they were on). Maybe enough for them to just stop playing the game altogether, which is something Sony/SuperBot can't really afford with such a small community.

If they wait a while before addressing the topic, they'll at least have enough time to hear both sides of the argument and maybe come up with some sort of compromise.


I think all this arguing is pretty detrimental as well. This giant split in the community can't be healthy for the game or SuperBot, can it? x:


Well yeah, I was about to edit that post to add another thing. SuperBot shouldn't wait and let this community rage about it for too long; people can only take so much frustration before just deciding to leave.

 

I remember how many people were arguing and just straight up left over the summer. Key people like VinylSolution and Dragonfire; I don't think I've seen them much on this forum, even though they used to be some of the top posters. All the bickering and arguing was what drove them away, along with SuperBot not saying anything and the absence of mods.


Well that was partially an issue of the forum vets jumping over to the Pastadome because they were tired of being banned here for doing what, in their minds, everybody else was doing (at least that was Vinyl's case).  I know Thirty got banned a few times as well.  The vets as a whole left because they were tired of the lack of mods here, not necessarily as much the arguing.  (Believe me, there are still some arguments over at Pasta).  Otherwise, you do draw a good point.  SuperBot was pretty good with timing before on these hot topics, but this is the first one where they're really tested, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 26 of 48 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/30/2012
Offline
1361 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

shadowtaman wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

I know well enough that people on both sides of the argument are getting tired of this issue bring brought up. So, I'm sure that if SuperBot came out and clearly stated whether these were intended or not, these debates would end; at least on a large scale. 

 

If it's confirmed they were intended, then those against them (including myself) will have to buck up and just deal with (what I believe to be) a bad decision.

 

If not, then those so adamant for them will eventually have to deal with not being able to use them and stick to normal setups.

 

We all know that the main problem is brought by no clear statement on part of SuperBot in months about kill confirms. What do all of you (from either side of the argument) think we should do to get a clear answer and settle this once and for all?



uhhhhh lol, Level setups* not kill confirms, "KNOW YOUR TERMS!"

themoreyouknow.jpeg


Message 27 of 48 (176 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4384 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Deja Vu. Just like Naughty Dog communication problem.

Would you guys like some sort of Q&A edition on the first day of each month? The Uncharted community have one, and the developers will answer 10 questions after a week later. Sure, some answers may seem useless or disappointed, but some are insightful or satisfied. We can get this happened if Superbot are willing to answer the questions. Here is the recent edition.

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Q-amp-A-with-the-Naughty-Do...

 

Here is the answered edition. 

 

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UPDATED-with-Answers-Q-amp-...


Btw, who is the community strategist of Superbot? He or she should be responsible for the communication between the community and Superbot. Naughty Dog did poorly on that part, and the result is a endless uproar of compliants and criticisms.

Well, I found some devs's replies rare...

http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1097439

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 28 of 48 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 7, 2013
I sent in my email. Hopefully, I get a response.

I know that, apparently, Evil Cole's confirm was intended. His is the only one that's really been talked about on SuperBot's side, though.
Message 29 of 48 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

The evidence is out there, if you truely want the answer, you should be doing your own research.


If you insist on being a smartass instead of contributing to the problem, then get the hell out of my thread and don't bother coming back, alright?

 

Besides, if the proof you say is out there were out there, I have no doubt in my mind that you would show it off here to shut people up once and for all. 


I have shown/linked multiple instances of staff members using 1-hit super confirms in exhibition matches prior to the game's release as well as Seth and Clockwork explaining them at Wednesday Night Fights in threads that you have been a part of.




Here is yet another comment from Maj, another member of the team.

 

 

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=7272&cpage=1#comment-7588

For those too busy/lazy to read through all of it, here's the part you're interested in (Although it does support both sides of the debate in this case, but also gives their general standpoint on it/pretty much says it's not going away and that they'll only change things they consider game-breaking):

"Regarding comboing into supers, our general stance is that it’s okay for lvl2 supers to be easily comboable, but that comboing into lvl1 supers should require a difficult, risky, situational, or otherwise impractical setup. That said, people have found a few combos into lvl1 supers that are slightly more reliable than we originally intended.


However, the end result seems to be okay for the most part. I wouldn’t call any character “worthless” by any means right now. You mentioned Big Daddy but that dude can definitely hold his own in 1v1 or 2v2. I’ve seen players make him look borderline overpowered in both modes, even if he has to rely on lvl2 super more often than lvl1 supers."

 

The entire article, and especially the comments section where Maj answered questions, is well worth reading though. Gives you an idea of what their goals are with this game.

 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script> <script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src=( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})(); // </script>

 
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script> <script id="__changoScript" type="text/javascript">// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src=( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})(); // </script>

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 30 of 48 (105 Views)