Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

The evidence is out there, if you truely want the answer, you should be doing your own research.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 11 of 48 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Offline
1779 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
SuperBot likes to let the community duke it out on tough topics, rather than **bleep** off half of its userbase by giving a direct answer too quickly. Essentially, the community will **bleep** about it for a month or so, and then once emotions are out of the debate and it's all just rationality being argued, SuperBot comments. Happened with the Beta leak. Happened with Paul Gale. Happened with Smash Bros. comparisons. So I'd say we don't get a comment until late January about confirms, though they might be addressed in the patch notes I expect to see late next week.

I pretty much agree with this.

 

There are tons of people on both sides of the argument. If SuperBot addressed the problem too quickly, they would frustrate a good portion of their community (no matter what side they were on). Maybe enough for them to just stop playing the game altogether, which is something Sony/SuperBot can't really afford with such a small community.

 

If they wait a while before addressing the topic, they'll at least have enough time to hear both sides of the argument and maybe come up with some sort of compromise.

 

 

Message 12 of 48 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013
I personally feel that it wasn't implemented at one point (near EVO), but then something happened that convinced them otherwise (probably a 1v1 that lasted FOREVER or something, or perhaps Killian came in and requested they consider it). That doesn't necessarily support my opinion OF confirms, for the record, but that's what I think happened to get us where we are now.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 48 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

The evidence is out there, if you truely want the answer, you should be doing your own research.


If you insist on being a smartass instead of contributing to the problem, then get the hell out of my thread and don't bother coming back, alright?

 

Besides, if the proof you say is out there were out there, I have no doubt in my mind that you would show it off here to shut people up once and for all. 

Message 14 of 48 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I pretty much agree with this.

There are tons of people on both sides of the argument. If SuperBot addressed the problem too quickly, they would frustrate a good portion of their community (no matter what side they were on). Maybe enough for them to just stop playing the game altogether, which is something Sony/SuperBot can't really afford with such a small community.

If they wait a while before addressing the topic, they'll at least have enough time to hear both sides of the argument and maybe come up with some sort of compromise.


I think all this arguing is pretty detrimental as well. This giant split in the community can't be healthy for the game or SuperBot, can it? x:

Message 15 of 48 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/28/2012
Offline
62 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Listen up, Kill confirms are here to stay. Learn to love it, because its not going anywhere.

Message 16 of 48 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/20/2012
Offline
637 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

They have addressed this, the only thing that wanted to keep out of the game was a combo from the VERY first hit of the match resulting in a death with no escape. And there is no such combo. I'm sorry that you are against confirms and that they annoy you, but they are very, very much apart of this game.


If you have irrefutable proof that they have addressed this and have admitted that kill confirms were intended, then either provide it or shut up and stop spouting speculations instead of contributing to the thread.


There's evidence claiming both, actually.  Ed Ma mentioned at EVO that they didn't want lvl1s to be comboed into, but rather that lvl2s should be, but then Seth Killian just before launch pointed out a few kill confirms in Wednesday Night Fights (I believe that's the name).

 

Also, Pina, use info@superbotentertainment.com.  That's how I got a hold of them last time I tried, and most people that send there do in fact get responses.


I emailed them probably a week ago and still no reponse...

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 17 of 48 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
572 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013
I too wish that Superbot would talk to the community and meet us half-way on this. But i specifically remember them saying at the EVO panel that they would not make it easy to combo into supers and I would like to know why they changed their minds.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 18 of 48 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

The evidence is out there, if you truely want the answer, you should be doing your own research.


If you insist on being a smartass instead of contributing to the problem, then get the hell out of my thread and don't bother coming back, alright?

 

Besides, if the proof you say is out there were out there, I have no doubt in my mind that you would show it off here to shut people up once and for all. 


Actually, i get more of a kick out of the people that honestly believe that superbot made an oopsie with almost every character having a kill confirm. 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 19 of 48 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Any way we can get SuperBot to comment on Kill Confirms?

Jan 6, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Mogilicudi wrote:

They have addressed this, the only thing that wanted to keep out of the game was a combo from the VERY first hit of the match resulting in a death with no escape. And there is no such combo. I'm sorry that you are against confirms and that they annoy you, but they are very, very much apart of this game.


If you have irrefutable proof that they have addressed this and have admitted that kill confirms were intended, then either provide it or shut up and stop spouting speculations instead of contributing to the thread.


There's evidence claiming both, actually.  Ed Ma mentioned at EVO that they didn't want lvl1s to be comboed into, but rather that lvl2s should be, but then Seth Killian just before launch pointed out a few kill confirms in Wednesday Night Fights (I believe that's the name).

 

Also, Pina, use info@superbotentertainment.com.  That's how I got a hold of them last time I tried, and most people that send there do in fact get responses.


I emailed them probably a week ago and still no reponse...


Normally they respond MUCH quicker (everything I'd heard pre-launch said they responded within a few days, and I got my response from Chan within a day), but perhaps they're being completely mum right now because of the subject matter at hand (they did the same when people kept asking if there were any more characters post-PAX and with the whole TGS fiasco that Paul Gale started, so that may be another thing they do often).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 20 of 48 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes