Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2012
By: pb_mal Fender Bender 3755 posts

Any experienced slys?

14 replies 171 views Edited Dec 6, 2012
Want to get good with sly but him not being able to block is crazy difficult to get accustomed to. Also his moveset is the weirdest since its mostly gagets. Any tips?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Any experienced slys?

Dec 6, 2012
Get behind the enemy.
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Wow can people take threads seriously?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Side Triangle
Down Square (Air)
Up Circle
Down Circle (Place mines as much as possible!)
Up Triangle (Teleport)
Sly can Glide
Sly can counter (circle)
Sly has a high jump (Up X)
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Actually zero is right. You should look to be behind them as much as possible and if you find yourself in front counter and you'll send them flying keeping you safe. Not being able to block is a bit weird especially when someone activates a special but you can also use up + triangle to get behind them as much as possible to avoid it. Up+circle when people are clustered. Mines help. He's pretty easy to use you after you adjust.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 6, 2012

use his counter instead of blocking. get use to having that reflex

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I play Sly all the time, I have him at just under 800. I personally never use the invisibility cuz people tend to yell at players that do that lol. I always make sure I have a mine placed. When someone is crumpled on the ground I always do side circle or throw a clock to have them stunned when they get up. than ill either go into a backstab or a square, square, up square, square combo.

His exploding barrel is great against most projectiles, they bounce right off of him and it nets a good chunk of ap if u blow someone up. Its good for creating space but it takes a little while to pull off. I suggest using it while falling into a group of enemies and releasing it just before u hit the ground. The teleport is amazing for dodgin supers and his decoy is awesome against almost all attacks.

His aerial neutral triangle is great for starting and extending combos. The rage bomb (down triangle) inverts the opponents controls and is pretty good at setting up a super (they get confused and cant jump out of the way. Sorry I cant go into more detail but I have to go write an exam lol. Id be down to play u in some 1v1's to help u out if u want.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (110 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Spam side triangle and throw your level 1 around without a care you'll win almost 100% of the time.

I'm serious, superbot is **bleep** awful at balancing and Sly's up there with Sackboy
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Yeah I get what you mean, like whenever someone uses a lvl 1 on me, I tend to dodge roll with him and just end up dying and looking like an idiot. Get used to teleporting with up triangle. His TNT barrel is also good since it can pretty much block all projectiles INCLUDIND radecs sniper so that's awesome. Also try using neutral circle a lot, his counter move, and when u go behind them after u counter, just spam square and you'll steal some AP and send them flying. I tend not to go invisible since a lot of people rage, i only go invisible if there's like 10 seconds left in the game and I need a quick kill with a level 1 super. Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (95 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I'm sorry, but as you claim to be better than half the forum, I see no reason to share anything with you. If you are that good, you can figure it out yourself. But first you need to learn how to approach Evil Cole with Dante :smileywink:

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (84 Views)
0 Likes