Oct 18 2012
By: unbreakable13 Lombax Warrior 216 posts

Any PaRappa players?

29 replies 282 views Edited Oct 18, 2012

I went in, thinking Sly, Jak or Raiden might be my mains, but even though only Sly is playable from these, I figured I'm pretty decent with PaRappa. I can get some "okay" combos off the ground easily, and always unleash at least one Super 3 during each match. PaRappa has been a very pleasant surprise for me, and I only tried him due to nostalgia, but grew to love him.

Any people who will play PaRappa? I'm on the Vita, by the way, and the game is lovely, can't wait to also try it on the PS3!

Message 1 of 30 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Re: Any PaRappa players?

Oct 18, 2012
I like to play with PaRappa, but hes not my favourite at the moment. I prefer Radec.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 30 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I haven't picked favourites yet, Parappa was the first character I got good at though. Now I've improved my skills with all 6, I'm kinda drawn towards Sly Cooper, mainly because of his invisibility - it can give you the edge over your opponents if you use it right e.g. I escaped Kratos' level 3 by the inch of my tail by activating invisibility as I jumped over him, leaving him to swing blindly at the corner lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 30 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Yeah Sly's got very interesting moves too! But with PaRappa, I can lock them, or stand my ground while I generate AP with the boombox. He's also a very close melee fighter, and that exactly fits my style, I'm always on top of an enemy and bashing them.

Anyways,does anyone also think Kratos' moveset is a bit uber? Too many grabs from all angles, ranged attacks that hit anything in their path (as opposed to, say, Radec's bullets which stop on one person), etc etc.
Message 4 of 30 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Oct 18, 2012

unbreakable13 wrote:
Yeah Sly's got very interesting moves too! But with PaRappa, I can lock them, or stand my ground while I generate AP with the boombox. He's also a very close melee fighter, and that exactly fits my style, I'm always on top of an enemy and bashing them.

Anyways,does anyone also think Kratos' moveset is a bit uber? Too many grabs from all angles, ranged attacks that hit anything in their path (as opposed to, say, Radec's bullets which stop on one person), etc etc.

block one attack and counter him, many ppl are easy to get from behind while they do their attacks, kratos especially has longer cooldowns, lets say other than parappa. Timing is the essential word.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 5 of 30 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Oct 18, 2012
i switch off between parappa and radec
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 6 of 30 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Tried Radec as well, wanted to play him, but I just can't adapt to his playstyle. PaRappa fits me more, by a mile. Still waiting to try out Big Daddy, Ratchet, Raiden and Jak, but I gotta believe PaRappa will be my main (pun, yeah).
Message 7 of 30 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I find Kratos very easy to manipulate - he can chain combos if they connect, however when he misses one, you can go to town. Sweet Tooth was the hardest to master for me, however I finally got it. Fat Princess is really underappreciated, she has a great move set and you can string a huge combo once you remember her moves.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 30 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Oct 18, 2012
True, at least about Fat Princess (haven't really played the others). First game, a Fat Princess owned us easily, and I got curious about it. She's pretty overlooked.
Message 9 of 30 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I've won a few times as Parappa. I never get a ton of kills, but my strategy usually leads me to getting killed very few times. I managed to crank out the skateboard 3 times in one match, though that was with less experienced people playing.

One thing I do like is that Radec players get extremely annoyed with my Parappa. I'm pretty good at controlling space and baiting with the boom box on the sides of the map, and Radecs get annoyed when they can't control the edges. Most Radecs haven't wanted to engage Parappa in close quarters, so they end up trying to run to the other side of the map.
Message 10 of 30 (224 Views)
0 Likes